• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Boss Moss

1. B

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Here is my new Mossy 88 , 20 inch barrel with M choke installed .
  2. B

Pattern testing with new 88 Mossberg 12 gauge

I fired 9 pellet 00 Federal buckshot, 15 pellet 000 Federal Flite Control and 0 Buck ,the Flite Control by far gave the tightest pattern with the Modified choke in my Mossy 88 Field 12 gauge. The 9 shot gave about a 12 inch spread, the 000 Federal was about 4 inches all 15 in that tight...
  3. B

New Mossberg Maverick

I just looked it up, I always knew the 88 was tough.
  4. B

New Mossberg Maverick

Not yet, but will look it up, thanks for the heads up, John
  5. B

New Mossberg Maverick

Dropped by Cabelas today, they had a Black Friday sale and I just had to buy a new Maverick, $302 all in, I couldn't resist.
  6. B

Mossy 500 12 gauge buckshot and slug patterns.

The testing was done with a Modified choke, I believe it was the factory one that came original with the shotgun.
  7. B

Mossberg 500a extractor fix....

All I know is that it didn't function when I brought it to the smith, now it works flawlessly.
  8. B

Mossy 500 12 gauge buckshot and slug patterns.

I paced off 63 good sized steps and tried some 3 inch double magnum 000 Federal buckshot in my Mossy 500 12 gauge, it had been a while since I touched off one of those puppies. I was even more surprised by a group of close to 18 inches in rough circle on a large piece of cardboard. The 3...
  9. B

Mossberg 500a extractor fix....

My older Mossberg 500a was not always extracting 100%, I took it to a good gunsmith, he told me that the 500 pumps can have this problem, and it is a "design" flaw. It was is not the extractors, but the small cuts in the barrel where the extractors fit into. The left side extractor was...
Back