• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by bpwhelan

1. bpwhelan

Stop the NYS Firearms Ban Now!

"Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York City, a vocal advocate of gun control, hailed the legislation, saying it “protects the Second Amendment rights of people, and at the same time it makes all New Yorkers safer.” " One day I fear they will allow us only to use sling shots and still tell us...
  2. bpwhelan

yes sir, and signed by Mr. Cuomo less than an hour after approval... here is NY times - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/16/nyregion/tougher-gun-law-in-new-york.html?ref=nyregion&_r=0
  3. bpwhelan

I have just read this news as well. This is terrible, even though I am out of state I am stunned. The assembly approved 104-43, I am praying for Pennsylvania to be more civil minded.
  4. bpwhelan

Are you shooting less, due to current events?

I live in PA... I remember going into my local gun shop about 3 days after the shooting in Conneticut occurred. Display cases full, ammo stocked to the ceiling. About a week after that I could tell items were starting to be bought up at a high rate. I went in yesterday and was shocked. Most of...
  5. bpwhelan

Hello from Southeastern PA

Ride on PA... was actually just north of ya coming from State College to Pittsburg a couple weeks ago. Man that weather can be brutal! Couple times I thought my car was going to whip right off the road in the high winds. Pleasure to meet all of ya.
  6. bpwhelan

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

I was thinking 28'' or 26'' . Ive been shooting trap alot more with my current barrel which is 18'' I think. A lot of the guys at the range have been getting a real kick out of it and told me to try with a longer one. Ive still done half-decent shooting 19/25. Im still a beginner and have only...
  7. bpwhelan

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

I have a 500, I was sure it was just a "regular" stock shotgun, if that makes sense, however after looking through these pictures I was wondering if someone could identify exactly what I should call it when speaking of it. I purchased it with the full stock on but it also came with a pistol...
  8. bpwhelan

Statement From the NRA...

Each day I am hearing more and more about this topic. And each day I am liking less and less of what I hear. I was at my local gun shop the other day and the fella helping me said he had people waiting outside at 8 a.m. to purchase AR rounds and other misc. items. It seemed like half the store...
  9. bpwhelan

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

my 500 - plain and simple
  10. bpwhelan

Mossberg 500 Disassembly

Old post but I'll never forget this video. One of the first nights after purchasing my Mossberg I had heard to take it apart and clean factory "crap" out. Mind you this was my first shotgun (and any gun for that matter) and I remember fiddling with this thing for hours, having so much trouble...
  11. bpwhelan

Hello from Southeastern PA

How ya'll doin. New member, have owned my 500 for a little over a year but just found this forum. A lot of good information on here, so thanks in advance and nice meeting yous. -BPW
Back