• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Buffalo Jim

1. Buffalo Jim

MVP Patrol 5.56 writeup..

My Patrol is just used for range shooting. The only mod on mine is the Tromix mag well. Seems to cycle fine but that's at the work bench since the range here is closed due to the pandemic. Lots of time on my hands so I've been reading many reviews. My Patrol is accurate to 50 yards and seems to...
  2. Buffalo Jim

Mossberg MVP Bolt Action Accessories

After awhile the mags began to move around and if not careful it would not always feed. It wasn't that frequent but was annoying. My son and I visited the range last year with the MVP Patrol and a couple other guns. He had a lot of trouble with feeding issues on the MVP. After that visit I...
  3. Buffalo Jim

MVP range time

Very nice!
  4. Buffalo Jim

Mossberg MVP Bolt Action Reviews

Thank you and great shooting.
  5. Buffalo Jim

Mossberg MVP Bolt Action Reviews

Very nice. What is the barrel length on the 223 varmint ?
  6. Buffalo Jim

I mentioned that my new to me Red Dot needs a little more fine tuning. It seemed good but would wander to the right now and then. When my hour was up I began packing up and when I grabbed the bean bag I saw a rifle part sitting on top of it. Turned out that it was the front receiver bolt. It had...
  7. Buffalo Jim

I bought the MVP Patrol last year and noticed that it has several changes (improvements) from their initial offerings. The bolt handle is similar to the higher caliber model and there is very little wobble in the magwell using Mossberg and Lancer mags. My eyes are 72 years old and a one hour...
  8. Buffalo Jim

I added a Caldwell Picatinny rail/sling adapter to my MVP Patrol. It attached to the front sling mount and I also added a MFT vertical grip. Steady target shooting with little or no muzzle rise. Added a Romeo5 red dot (removed the riser) and couldn't be happier with the results.
  9. Buffalo Jim

Cheek Riser for MVP Flex?

If all else fails, Bradley makes a universal one for AR-15s.
  10. Buffalo Jim

If you live near a Cabela's, Bass Pro or a larger Gun Shop remove the butt stock portion and have them see if they have an acceptable riser.
  11. Buffalo Jim

This forum seems to be pretty inactive.
  12. Buffalo Jim

I ordered 4 Lancer AR mags from GunMagazineWarehouse and 4 Mossberg MVP mags from the online store. both were perfect at the range and only the PMAG had a couple failures to load. The PMAGs were a couple years old and were pretty sloppy in the mag well. I mentioned before that the rifle was...
  13. Buffalo Jim

Stampeed valkyrie, I went to a range shoot at the local range hosted by Armalite a while back and got the bug for a semi auto. The Mini-14 ranch version was about the only NY legal semi that allowed detachable mags. I read a lot of articles on ways to make it more accurate and with buffers and...
  14. Buffalo Jim

I find that the Mossberg mag that came with my MVP Patrol 223/556 has almost zero mag wobble. Does anyone have a good/reasonable source for them? Thanks.
  15. Buffalo Jim

I'm one of those living in a restrictive state (NY). After a long break from shooting I got the bug again and picked up a Ruger 1022 takedown and started shooting at a local indoor range. It shot poorly and even the range guys couldn't figure out why. I traded it in for a Ruger American compact...
Back