• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Burger and Fries

1. Burger and Fries

Vang Comp DSAC Velcro Side Saddle Opinions Needed

I think you sold me, too. Been looking into these 3gungear saddles and I going to try it out. Hey Water Monkey, I'm a little confused about the "backers" in the list of shell carrier options. What is the "backer" ($2.00) and is it necessary? Also, what is the "die cut backer" ($5.00)...
  2. Burger and Fries

590 sights for a rail

Aimpoint Micro T-1 Not sure about a co-witness sight picture, but it looks as if you have folding sights so it shouldn't matter. Ever thought about getting a 24" tactical turkey?
  3. Burger and Fries

Weeding out my 870 for another 590A1...

personally, i think they're both the same/equal in overall reliability and quality. had i found an 870 at a great price before my 590a1, i would've bought it and never looked back. that being said, i do prefer the controls on mossbergs over the 870, but it's definitely not a deal breaker IMO...
  4. Burger and Fries

haha thanks for the subtle suggestion. but for now i think i'll keep receiver bare.
  5. Burger and Fries

called VC today for an update on my order and was informed that their saddles won't be available until Jan. 2013...FYI i cancelled my order. needless to say, but i won't post a review for a while. sold my mesa tactical and i like how streamline my shotgun is now; lighter and handier, too. i...
  6. Burger and Fries

My new Mossberg 590A1 Blackwater

Glad to read that you found some peace of mind. That was some great customer service from the store. Now, go out and enjoy that zombie blaster.
  7. Burger and Fries

My new Mossberg 590A1 Blackwater

sorry to read about your situation. mossberg's quality control is grossly inadequate, especially when it comes to installing front sights. canted front sights have been a major problem for them. my previous mossberg had a canted bead sight, if you could believe it. how can a company known...
  8. Burger and Fries

Made A Trade Today

owner probably swapped out the furniture. that's a good trade; 12ga always better than .380 aimpro tactical sells a 13" LOP from Hogue, if 12" turns out to be too short. http://www.goestores.com/storename/aimp ... 21278.aspx apparently, aimpro has these made exclusively for them by hogue...
  9. Burger and Fries

I'm a little hesitant slapping adhesive directly onto my receiver. No safe queen here, I'm definately a little rough on my tools. I just hate the idea of sticky goo on my stuff if I ever wanted to remove it. Thinking of old electrical tape. The Vang is pricey, but I'll probably sell my Mesa...
  10. Burger and Fries

Anyone have any experience with these saddles? I'm thinking about replacing my mesa tactical. I hear elastic loops are the way to go. I like the build quality of the mesa but removing shells from it could be better. Plus, the light weight of the vang should be a bonus.
  11. Burger and Fries

3 Dot Sights vs. Ghost Ring (NOW WITH PICS)

Re: 3 Dot Sights or Ghost Ring? hey mad, i bought a 3 dot sight barrel a couple of weeks ago direct from mossberg (still hasn't arrived). you'll have to call them to order one...$125 plus shipping. but if you're going with a rail then you probably shouldn't buy the 3 dot barrel. you won't...
  12. Burger and Fries

Corn Cob vs. Fat Checkered Forearm

i believe the checkered versions are made of walnut and the corn cobs are something else. i could be wrong though. i like both and i think either would look great, but the corn cobs with matching stocks are a little more expensive from what i can tell and most are showing their age as they...
  13. Burger and Fries

Corn Cob vs. Fat Checkered Forearm

i've been staring at pictures of 590's with wood furniture all day. i was hoping not to modify mine, but adding woods would give it a nice and classic look different from standard tactical black. however, i'm having a hard time deciding between forearm designs. which would you choose, the...
  14. Burger and Fries

Your favorite slug!

my gun range is 50 FEET, not YARDS, for max distance. it's an indoor pistol range that allows shotguns too. thanks for the tip. will have to find some time to go out to BLM and shoot slugs at distance.
Back