• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by bwalker

1. bwalker

The plight of the crappy drag racer.

I grew up racing at Fremont International Raceway in Fremont, CA. It's the strip that was featured in American Graffiti. Boy, do I miss those days. I used to stage shallow and leave on the yellow. I was able to beat some quicker cars that way.
  2. bwalker

Ammo Storage

Any idea what the seal on the GI cans is made of? I've heard that petroleum jelly can degrade O-rings over time.
  3. bwalker

Handgun Recommendations and Advice...

I CC an M&P 9FS with a TLR1s. It has a manual safety but I only have it engaged if I have to leave my pistol in my car. When I get back to my car I holster it and disengage the safety. There is always a round chambered. I'm 5' 10" and 180 lbs. and it conceals fine with a loose fitting polo...
  4. bwalker

Question Of The Month. (February 2017) with poll.

Yup, it slipped my mind about schools being "gun free" zones. Regarding USPS, it doesn't matter if they have signage or not it is still a federal crime to carry anywhere on the property. As much as I hate to, I will park in an adjacent parking lot, leave my pistol in the car and dash over to...
  5. bwalker

Question Of The Month. (February 2017) with poll.

It's also illegal to carry in the USPS parking lot and building. The USPS and Court are the only places I don't carry. If I go to a business that prohibits carry then I'll wear an extra layer of clothing to conceal rather than just my t-shirt. I'd rather a misdemeanor charge than be caught...
Back