• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Chuck Gullage

1. C

Shockwave Photos

Nice looking set up. You'll have lots of fun shooting it. Just a couple of suggestions: skip the heavy loads and ditch the forearm strap. Unless you wear a glove on your pumping hand, you'll find that the front portion of the strap digs into your hand.
  2. C

Blackaces Tactical Folding Brace Assemply

I got the letter online. The NJ State Police wrote a letter on the Shockwave and like firearms. Just do a search on the legality in your own state. For one thing, if local gun shops in your state are selling Shockwaves, they are legal in that state. The brace is another issue. Do a web search on...
  3. C

Everything you need is in the brace kit you get from BlackAces. I got my brace with the folding stock option. In retrospect I would have got the non-folding brace. This rig does draw some attention at the range. The other shooters often ask if I am a cop or if it's legal in NJ. I have to...
  4. C

Mossberg 590A1 Retrograde

Ok, I found a 590A1 Retro in a local gun shop and it looks and feels really nice, but it's a bit pricey. They want $770 for it, however they will sell my Springfield Armory M1A loaded and the proceeds from that should cover the shotgun. The Retro recoil pad feels soft and comfortable, so it...
  5. C

Question on NcStar Bayonet Adapter for Mossbergs.

Does anyone have experience with the NcStar Bayonet Adapter for Mossberg 500 and Maverick 88 model shotguns. They look like they should work alright, but I have read comments that they fall off after a few shots. I'm worried about zombie attacks and shooting my gun dry and having to fix my...
  6. C

Good ideas. I might get a 590SP ( 20" blued barrel with heat shield) and replace the synthetic furniture with wood furniture. Does anyone know of a source for 590 wood furniture? Will 500 furniture fit a 590? I really don't need the 590A1 heavy barrel and ghost ring sights. I'll probably install...
  7. C

Does any have experience with a 590A1 Retrograde? I'm very interested in getting one, but I'm not sure I need another shotgun, but they are so attractive, if not a little pricy. Buds Gun Shop has them for $678 which looks like a good price but with the $50 FFL fee and the $15 NJ NICS check that...
  8. C

Mossberg 500 ATI Shell Holders

I have a Mossberg 500 ATI that came with three shell holders on the left hand side. I'd like to add three more on the left and maybe four on the right side. Does anyone know where I can get more of these shell holders?
  9. C

There was no 4473 back when I purchased the lower, just a NJ transfer form. I think I'm good to build a pistol on it. I wonder if there's any way to check a lower serial number to see if it's registered as a rifle.
  10. C

I was considering building an AR pistol using a brace like in your photo. The issue is that I built an AR rifle years ago using a Bushmaster lower. This was about 20 years ago. The FFL did not register the lower as either a pistol or a rifle. So I assembled a rifle on top of the lower using...
  11. C

With target loads and reduced slug loads the brace is quite comfortable. However, the other day I shot a couple of boxes of 20 gauge rifled slugs with full loads and the recoil was uncomfortable. I may build a temporary shoulder pad to help manage the recoil with heavy loads. Anything permanent...
  12. C

I like the folding brace except mine folds on the left. Being a righty, that makes it difficult to operate the slide with my left hand on the slide and my right hand on the pistol grip. If I had to do it over, I would have got a folding brace on the right. That being said, I keep the brace...
  13. C

I use the black cordura soft case that I use for my Bushmaster XM-15. It's just about the right length for the SW with the brace extended with the laser, red dot and light mounted on the rail. I threw that pointy thing out; it's an accident ready to happen.
  14. C

So my SW is in 20 gauge, which seems to work pretty well. Because the 20 gauge shells are smaller in diameter than the 12 gauge, the loading gate is narrower as well. For me that means I skin my knuckles on the edges loading gate as I push shells into the magazine. No big deal. The other thing...
  15. C

I spent about an hour on the range today dialing in the red dot sight on my SW. After about 15 rounds of 20 gauge with full load rifled slugs I was getting 3 inch groups on COM at 15 yards. I also got some nice groups with 5 #7 field loads. I am satisfied that my SW is more that adequate as a...
Back