• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Conn 500

1. Conn 500

Parts

Taken many mag tubes off. Guy gave me a tip that sometimes works. Put the 500 in the corner. Apply nail polish remover with acetone (pure acetone a little much) where the mag tube threads meet the receiver with an eye dropper. Let gravity work. Do it again when it sinks in. Wipe any spill over...
  2. Conn 500

Target Sports Barrels (CDNN)

Bought one of their 20" barrels for the 500A a few years back. Sold that project gun. Threaded for chokes so I thought what the hell. For the price I can't complain. It comes with a canted sight bead. Luckily I had a wrap around sight that fit and locked down with allen screws-otherwise the bead...
  3. Conn 500

New to me Mossberg 500 ATP

Very nice indeed.
  4. Conn 500

what type lube??

33 years with my 500A and I've never oiled anything except the barrel. Dry silicon spray for the slide tube (inside and out), the inside of the receiver and the bolt and the 3 other parts we know so well. The trigger assembly as a whole will get sprayed out with nitro solvent every 10 years or...
  5. Conn 500

mossberg 500 atp-8

You stole it. They weren't making Mossbergs any better than that era.
  6. Conn 500

mossberg 500 atp-8

Nice find. Always wanted to find one of those. I remember some of them had bayonets! Great find. 20" barrel and 8 rounds old school.
  7. Conn 500

Shockwave HD: Capacity or Power?

Always go with the sure thing.
  8. Conn 500

Shotgun newbie

Glad it finally arrived. Now find a used field barrel and bust those clays.
  9. Conn 500

Shotgun newbie

Good news, Don..............tracking indicates the magazine tube shipped First Class has finally arrived in Georgia! 2 weeks after mailing it!
  10. Conn 500

Shotgun newbie

Have you tracked this package, Don? My God, what are they doing with your magazine tube? Last I tracked it's in Florida? today. Left Connecticut the 25th of March First Class.
  11. Conn 500

USPS Tracking 9500 1000 3019 8084 0001 18

USPS Tracking 9500 1000 3019 8084 0001 18
  12. Conn 500

Shotgun newbie

Tube and spring going out Monday morning. USPS Tracking 9500 1000 3019 8084 0001 18 Expected in Hiram, GA on March 29. Now get a 28" barrel and get it done.
  13. Conn 500

Shotgun newbie

OK, Don. I'll ship it out Monday. If you are a newbie check this forum carefully on how to remove your magazine tube without crushing it. Heat gun (hair dryer on high for 10 minutes has worked to break the Loctite on a few I've done) and a rubber strap wrench works best for me. Many ideas on...
  14. Conn 500

Send me your address if you need a new 5 round mag tube (camo) and 5 round magazine spring. Just...

Send me your address if you need a new 5 round mag tube (camo) and 5 round magazine spring. Just spare parts I'll never use.
  15. Conn 500

Shotgun newbie

Send me your address. Mag tube and spring ready to ship.
Back