• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Dan Topham

1. D

First range trip with the MVP

Mine likes 68-69gr the best. Try either some Federal Gold Medal 69gr SMK or Hornady Custom 223 68 Grain Match Hollow Point, mine will shoot under 1" with both.
  2. D

MVP 224 Valkyrie - Which size action

Thanks, been around a while, originally on the old MVP forum, but work and life got in the way for a few years and boy things have changed. My MVP was bought in 2012 and will get me to 600 (longest I have available for now) with no problem, but from what I hear past that it gets a little harder...
  3. D

MVP 224 Valkyrie - Which size action

Anybody know if the MVP in 224 Valkyrie is based on the 223/5.56 or the 6.5/308 action? If the former I'm thinking about doing a caliber swap on my 5.56. Columbia river is making prefit barrels and I can get the bolt face opened up pretty cheap by a local smith for less than $400 total, if...
  4. D

Who is making 300BO MVP barrels?

Columbia River now makes MVP prefits. They don't list 300 as a pre fit barrel, but they do have it in AR barrels so they should be able to make one for you. I asked the same thing about a 224 Valkyrie and they said they could do it...
  5. D

Varmint rechamber

Columbia River now makes MVP prefits. They don't list 300 as a pre fit barrel, but they do have it in AR barrels so they should be able to make one for you. I asked the same thing about a 224 Valkyrie and they said they could do it...
  6. D

MVP Predator barrel and chassis questions

First time posting here, but owner of one of the original MVP Predators and a former member of the old MVP owners forum. The ammo shortages of '12 combined with work and other competing interests have kept me away from shooting for a while, but I'm ready to dive back in. Unlike in the past I...
Back