• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by dave2

1. D

What ear protection do you use?

$20 Redhead muffs from Bass Pro Shops. They are much better than the foam ones I was using.
  2. D

Hello all from TX

Thanks Rossignol. I'm trying to learn about the shotgun and its possibilities. There are many ways to skin a cat right. I just last night read your piece on testing various ammo. Winchester Super X for practice shooting and the Federal LE132 for your home ... seems to be the conclusion there.
  3. D

Hello all from TX

Explain the 'cartridge stop' please --- does it keep each round in the magazine when loaded there? Yes I would like to see a video of your method of loading/unloading - would it be easy for you to film a video for us shotgun newbies? I really need to get together with someone in person who...
  4. D

Hello all from TX

Thanks for the many welcomes! Yes I will be exploring the site over the next weeks. I've found one gun range in the Dallas area that gives a class on defensive shotguns. It's 8 hours though for $175. That sounds a bit long but would include the basics and some shooting as it says to bring...
  5. D

Hello all from TX

I'm looking for somewhere around the Dallas area to shoot my new 500 - range, property, etc. And someone to go with too
  6. D

Hello all from TX

Hello fellow Mossberg owners from big D - Dallas, TX. I've decided on a home defense weapon and my LE buddy sold me his older Mossberg 500A that he was not using. I've not been a 'gun person' in the past but want to learn now. I do not own a hand gun yet but am considering it. Anyway I just...
Back