• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by deadctr

1. deadctr

Camp stoves and lanterns

The hobo stoves I've made, I make 3 good sized holes at the bottom (cut the bottom clean thru and off) making it a 3 legged can, ....with 3 bottom air vents. Then make a sizeable hole along the top side. The top side hole allows you to feed the fuel in from the topside,when you have your pot...
  2. deadctr

What kind of ears are you running ?

I've been using "Radian" moldables for a few years now. https://www.radians.com/radsite/index.php/industrial/industrial-safety-products/item/radians-custom-molded-earplugs. At first it seems weird jamming the uncured earplug into your ear, but once set, they slip in very easily and literally...
  3. deadctr

The old Black Weber

So, I found a huge Weber a year or so ago. Things about 30" in diameter. Also picked one up along the road that someone had put out to the trash, maybe 20" diameter. The spinner thing in the bottom of the small one was rusted tight, so I just cut it out, since I run the bottom vents wide open...
  4. deadctr

Whats your sling?

I found a sling, that at first I was skeptical of. It's a "Slogan Sling". It's rubber, and has heavy plastic swivels. Bought one a few years ago, and immediately fell in love with it. I now have one on every one of my long guns. It flexes, but isn't too springy. The swivels have been...
  5. deadctr

loose barrel?

Yep, that's how it is now.....
  6. deadctr

loose barrel?

First off, thanks again for all the responses. As I said previous, when I got the gum home I took it apart, cleaned it well, and put it back together....... here it comes. When I took it apart, I swear I laid everything out as it came off the mag tube, and put it back together just as it came...
  7. deadctr

loose barrel?

Dang. I wiggled it but there was no more take up, and checked the mag tube, which was tight. I did not remove the mag tube, since it was very hand tight (didn't want to put a stillson wrench on it). There is still a very slight wiggle, I'd put it at less than a 1/16" that I can turn it, and...
  8. deadctr

loose barrel?

Just picked up a 930 pro series waterfowler, 12 gauge. Looking forward to breaking it in. As always, I broke the gun down for a thorough cleaning upon getting it back home. I had noticed before taking it apart, that there was slight play in the barrel. Almost like the magazine cap was loose...
Back