• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by DEAN BUFFINGTON

1. D

New to Jm pro

JM-PRO is a great gun & OR3GUN makes a lot of quality products that fit & finish are first class & what they sell works to make the gun perform as it should
  2. D

GRABAGUN 930 TURKEY QUESTION

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Bobster I think I will give them a try & see how it goes. They are a hundred or so dollars cheaper for the same gun at B-d's
  3. D

Bolt slide Modification

Welcome to the forums Blaster. It sounds like a great ideal. I might be game. Do you know what the cost is.
  4. D

GRABAGUN 930 TURKEY QUESTION

Thank you for your reply & the info Jeremy. I will try them next time. Welcome to the forums
  5. D

3" shells won't cycle

Saw that video along with a lot of others right before I bought mine. Bought my 930spx anyway. Brand of ammo does make a difference. The 930 is the best bang for a shotgun on the market today. An is in fact a very reliable semi-auto shotgun.
  6. D

Mesa Tactical Cheek Riser Fits My Factory 930 SPX Stock Perfect

It looks gook Burke. If it shoots good for you I know you are satisfied. What kind of safety is on yours it looks bigger than the stock one. If I count all the little things I have purchased for mine I probably could have bought another one. Just got mine back from R&D custom barrel works out of...
  7. D

Looks good Burke. How did you attache it to the shock. I also have a coyote sling very similar to yours. The 930 spx just has a great feel to it with a cheekriser on it. Also have the same GG&G receiver brk you have on yours. Keep up the good work.
  8. D

Rust/Pitting in JM Pro Gas Piston Bore

The clean & lube especially of the piston bore is critical to performance. You might need a new one if it is badly pitted. I've watched a lot of video on these shotguns and I use Safariland break free with CLP it's a cleaner / lubricant & preservative for all guns. After I apply this I wipe it...
  9. D

Rust/Pitting in JM Pro Gas Piston Bore

The 930 is a great gun & well worth the money that Mossberg wants for it. If you have not heard of ( OR3GUN ) research them & their products that they offer for your 930 they are great & can be helpful is disbursing the condensation that your gun makes. If the rust is already gotten to the stage...
  10. D

930 SPX CAME IN / BOX TORN UP BAD / question

I have every box for every firearm that I have ever purchased my entire life. In fact a closet full of them to be truthful. Dating back to the 1970's my Colt python 357 magnum. As you say you are a user. I also use a lot of my firearms. But I also collect them as well & my 357 Colt Python also...
  11. D

New 930 SPX owner - and the next step is: Buttstock/Urbino

Burk / When I can get my camera working again or buy another one. I will try to post some pictures of my Urbino ckeek rest that I installed on my orig 930spx stock. I have no doubt it would fit the Choate stock also. It made a world of difference for me. I just bought the Urbino 4 shotsheel...
  12. D

I had seen were Mesa Tactical had cheek risers for sale on their website for $9.00 each. So I bought one in coyote color which is the same color as my 930 spx. It came in today & I took the stock off my 930 to see how it fit on it. Wow was I surprised to see it was a absolutely perfect fit to...
  13. D

New 930 SPX owner - next step: forend Elite Bobcat or Aimpro?

If mine ever cracked I would probably do the same thing. I saw the Aimpro also while I was looking & it appears to be a solid looking part. That is the first I heard of the stock forends cracking & good to know. Thanks
  14. D

930 BARREL THREAD FOR TRU-LOCK CHOKE QUESTION

I found the answer to my own question. R&D Gun Repair in Calif. So maybe the Moderator will delete this post. I would do it but I don't know how.
  15. D

New 930 SPX owner - and the next step is: Buttstock/Urbino

( Sorry ) Spent the last two hours cleaning up the yard so my above post was short. But I wanted to tell you that my factory 930 stock fits me pretty good except for the fact that it would be nice if it had a cheek rest. So I googled ( Mossberg 930 spx with a Urbino check rest ) And up it came...
Back