• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by DFBonnett

1. DFBonnett

Question Of The Month (July 2022)(Scotus Ruling)

This^. Internal restraint will never be replaced by external control.
  2. DFBonnett

what type lube??

I use CLP.
  3. DFBonnett

Maverick 88 front sling question.

10-32 as Djcala noted/
  4. DFBonnett

House Bill Would Disband Scandal-Plagued ATF

I hope it actually happens. This issue got kicked around years ago. Other departments were willing to take on the ATF functions, but none wanted the ATF personnel. That says a lot and explains a lot.
  5. DFBonnett

Help! Scope mount for maverick 88 20 gauge

FWIW, I had an Aimtech saddle mount on an 870 for years and it held up just fine with slugs and magnum Turkey loads.
  6. DFBonnett

Help! Scope mount for maverick 88 20 gauge

You could measure your receiver at a couple of specific points then compare those dimensions to a Moss or Mav 12 ga. If they match up you should be good to go with a saddle mount. FWIW YMMV
  7. DFBonnett

What IS tactical?

What IS tactical? A way to charge half again more for something you didn't need in the first place?
  8. DFBonnett

rail install ?s

If you don't mind the sight being a bit higher than it would be on a rail, take a look at the Aimtech saddle mount. I had one on an 870 and it was as solid as a rock. No drilling or tapping required. FWIW YMMV
  9. DFBonnett

J&G Ammo Sale

I'd be a bit circumspect about that tracer. In some places it's illegal to own, in others (such as here in Nazi Jerky) it's illegal to shoot, and I know of no public range anywhere that will permit its use. It may be old but there is no guarantee that it will not light, and if it does it could...
  10. DFBonnett

cylinder bore with slugs?

I just bought the same gun. You don't need a reply from Mossberg. You got just about all the info you need in this thread. You'll find that some rifled/Foster slugs will perform better than others in your gun. FWIW YMMV
  11. DFBonnett

Maverick O/U Home Security 12g Shotgun HS12

I saw a post on another board indicating that there is some sort of lock out mechanism on the HS12 preventing it from firing if pointed at a downward angle. Has anyone else heard of this? This would be a considerable downside in an HD gun.
  12. DFBonnett

Federal Flight Control #1 Buckshot

Regarding the #1 with the FC wad, I got an email reponse on 8/20 from Federal indicating that they have no plans at this time to market a non-LEO version of LE132 1B (likely would have been designated PD132 1B). It seems that if you want the #1 it will be necessary to find a police supply that...
  13. DFBonnett

Aguila 12 ga buckshot mini/ low recoil shell thoughts?

They were 100% in a 1300 I foolishly sold, but I would be hesitant to trust them in any other pump. They could be useful in a coach gun or an O/U for someone who might be extremely recoil sensitive such as a small framed woman. They feel extremely tame fired out of my Marlin 90.
  14. DFBonnett

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot3.htm
  15. DFBonnett

It should be very similar to 00 as shown here...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbFLY9OIqPA As far as drywall goes, if it has enough power to put down a gremlin it will have enough to penetrate drywall. Even #4, the bare minimum size for HD, will do that. Like the man says, there ain't no...
Back