• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Frank Castle

1. Frank Castle

State Capital Protest information

Just a quick bump to bring this to the top of the list. It's just around the corner. Thank You to all that are going. I know I appreciate it, not being able to go. Frank
  2. Frank Castle

Stop the NYS Firearms Ban Now!

I would like to see Gun and Ammo Manufacturers boycott NY. Or any other state that tries to pull this type of thing. Barret Arms boycotted California a few years ago. They even published two page spreads in most fire arm magazines. If I remember correctly it was something along the lines of...
  3. Frank Castle

what scope to use

Djd4529, Typically I shoot 22lr out to 100 yards. I have Lobbed them out to 150, but not very consistently. You can probably get a round out to 300, but not very effectively. On my 10-22 I have a BSA 22lr scope. If I remember correctly it goes from 1 to 7 power. It has pre calibrated...
  4. Frank Castle

Shotgun Scabbards

Re: shotty scabbard Free Man, The one I am talking about is the wider one "rifle scabbard". I selected that one for the same reason you are looking at it. I am a South Paw as well. Wish I could give you more info on it, but I won't be able to till next weekend. I have seen posts on the...
  5. Frank Castle

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Mossberg 500 malfunction TravisN, Did you inspect the trigger group and the bolt when you tore it down? Guesses; 1). There is an issue with your trigger group. Maybe the hammer is sticking? When you rock it back hard it is freeing it up. 2). There is something fouling your firing pin...
  6. Frank Castle

Shotgun Scabbards

Re: shotty scabbard Free Man, I received the NCstar scabbard that you linked for Christmas. I have not been home since I received it. But my initial impression is that it looks to be well made. I will try and update you in about a week when I get home on fit. Frank
  7. Frank Castle

Ruger makes it easy to contact your local Rep.

Complete. Emailed and texted to EVERY ONE I know. Frank
  8. Frank Castle

Rust in the chamber in another 590A1! *UPDATE WITH PIC*

Re: Rust in the chamber in another 590A1! Lugi, Might not have had rust when it went through QC. I think it depends on how long it sat after boxed, and environment? Anyway to determine this? The rust could develop over time between when they packaged it, and when you opened it. Just a...
  9. Frank Castle

Re: Brand new 500 - Unable to load. Follower stuck? Glad it worked out for you! Frank
  10. Frank Castle

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: 410 barrel for mossberg 500 gade04, I would start by giving Mossberg a call on this one. Frank
  11. Frank Castle

Re: Brand new 500 - Unable to load. Follower stuck? MossNub, I had a similar issue with my brand new mossberg 500. The follower wouldnt move, so I gave it a little encouragement. I took the dowl I pulled out of the tube, placed it on the follower, and lightly tapped the end of the dowl with...
  12. Frank Castle

folding stock for 0lder moss 500a

Plutonium, From my understanding any stock you find that will fit the 500/590 should fit your gun. The only issue I am aware of if your gun is that old, is the receiver may not be factory drilled and tapped. Do a google search, check out some of the vendors on this sight, or try amazon. Have...
  13. Frank Castle

590A1 Brand new shell stop problem

mleonardi, See this thread in the 590 section. There are other threads with the same issue. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6080 Frank
  14. Frank Castle

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Another 500 Build... Didnt think of it from that perspectiv Oli. Good Call. I was thinking if it could be returned to original state, no harm no foul. Either way, cant wait to see it. Frank
  15. Frank Castle

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Another 500 Build... David, I am in another opinion from the two previous posts. Use what you have. Now bare in mind, KEEP the Original Stuff so you can put it back. By doing the Mesa Mount, it doesnt sound like you are modifying the original in any way. With that said, I would...
Back