• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Greg B

1. Greg B

Looks like time for a 940 section

I liked it. Until I saw the MSRP. Although, when I consider the cost of my JM 930, adding a couple OR3GUN components, and my custom titanium and aluminum pusher assembly, custom recoil plunger, I might have been money ahead if I had waited.
  2. Greg B

Pusher Assembly broken pin

That looks ridiculously short for the job it does. When I made my own pusher assy, I made the pins have over an inch of engagement into the pusher body. I'm sure Mossberg will replace it. But, dang.
  3. Greg B

Mossberg Owners Hats for sale!!

Got my hat in the mail today. Looks great! And more importantly, fits really well. So hard to find a good fitting hat these days.
  4. Greg B

Maverick Lable

I peeled em off the stock and decorated my toolbox. :)
  5. Greg B

Are any of you shell reloaders making your own mini-shells?

I re-purpose the bulk pack shotshells into minis.
  6. Greg B

930 Torture Test at Badlands

Replace the Mossberg factory hammer spring with a Wolff 10/22 Extra Power Hammer Spring.
  7. Greg B

aquila mini shot shell

I agree. And Outdoor Limited never has free shipping deals.
  8. Greg B

aquila mini shot shell

Mini Shells in stock & on sale at Outdoor Limited.
  9. Greg B

Cabelas in stock Federal .22LR 40-gr in stock for six-cents a round. LINK

I usually use discounted Cabelas gift cards that shown up on the 'bay pretty regularly at 18-20% off face value. Combine that with going through a rebater site like Active Junky, for another small percentage cash back, and pretty good ammo deals can be had. Case in point, I just bought 500...
  10. Greg B

aquila mini shot shell

I'm using the BPI roll crimper. Works well.
  11. Greg B

aquila mini shot shell

As I understand it, they were once used between the black powder and payload way back when. I use them to try and fine tune the position of my slugs in the shell. And since they're pretty hard cardboard, ensure that the slug separates from the cup when it exits the barrel.
  12. Greg B

aquila mini shot shell

The bits on the left get discarded. I still need to make some kind of fixture to trim the wad/gas seal portion a little cleaner. The shot cup I cut down by about half, and drop an .075 nitro card under the slug. End up with an overall length of about 1.51" Won't get to the range until a few...
  13. Greg B

aquila mini shot shell

On another note of rolling your own, I decided to play around a bit and this is what I came up with. Aguila on the right. Two modified Federal Top Gun shells, with LEE 1oz slugs on the left.
  14. Greg B

aquila mini shot shell

Check this thread: http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-are-those-bulk-skeet-shells-good-for.7475/ Go to post #338 for a photo of an Aguila mini slug disassembled.
  15. Greg B

New 88, first impressions.

The slug loads are great. Wish I was a little better at putting them in the center of the target though. :) And that reminds me, I'm down to my last box, so I'd better get to casting more soon.
Back