• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Gridiron504

1. G

Low brass shells (steel?)

Oh I absolutely agree with you. For defensive use, I strictly use premium ammo in my weapons. But for range days, I typically only have one requirement: it needs to be brass. I just think the steel is less forgiving and doesn’t re-shape well. So when it gets pushed into the barrel for the...
  2. G

Are all 590s drilled tapped?

Hahaha I counted the numbers not the letter, oops. Sometimes you just get those brain farts. But thanks man! That’s as old as I am. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. G

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

I love the idea of weapons passed down through generations. The .22lr Glenfield was my great grandfathers on my mother’s side who used it to squirrel hunt while the 20ga bolt action shotgun was my grandfathers from my dad’s side who also used it to squirrel hunt and duck hunt. Being able to...
  4. G

Lol, so everything except the last one haha Lxxxxx Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. G

I don’t want to post the full number. Do you just need the end? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. G

I just got a 590 Mariner and it was not drilled and tapped. Must be an old one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. G

What do you carry on a daily basis?

Everyone is different and gets different uses and results from different methods. For me, a nylon does not work for several reasons. I am pretty exclusive to kydex. I like my holsters to completely and safely cover the trigger guard and not allow anything to get inside the holster while also...
  8. G

Holy moly. That means my 590 is older than me... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. G

It’s similar to parkerizing, it’s a baked on finish that’s super durable. It’s supposed to be extremely resilient, and I live in south Louisiana so I will be able to test this out. The weapon was manufactured in 1996 if I compared the serial number correctly to a dataset I found on another...
  10. G

What do you carry on a daily basis?

The items I carry on a daily basis when not on duty is: M&P Shield 9mm inside a Tulster IWB holster Casio PAG240 ABC watch Fisher Space Pen Case Trapper Knife And an extra mag inside of a Sticky Holsters magazine holster I’ve put over 1500 rounds through the shield, and it’s a truly amazing...
  11. G

Low brass shells (steel?)

I was shooting my Mossberg 590 Mariner this past weekend and I bought some Winchester #8 birdshot and it was cased in steel. My shotgun would malfunction about 70% of the time with a failure to eject. The shell would stay inside the barrel and the extractor would fail to pull it out. So I would...
  12. G

Here’s my newly acquired Mossberg 590 Mariner that my grandfather gave to me for a graduation present. Just got it drilled and tapped for a rail and mounted a Vortex Venom I had laying around on it. Still need to get the MagPul stock with some cheek risers, a good sling, and a side saddle...
  13. G

When I looked up my serial number for my 590 Mariner, it indicated that is was made in ‘95. But I could have made a mistake. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. G

I did some research and what I found was that Mossberg began factory drilling and tapping the receivers in the year 1997.
  15. G

Drilled and Tapped Pre ‘97 Mossberg 590 Mariner question.

Hey guys. New to the forum. I just got a Mossberg 590 Mariner that was made before 1997, which is important because that’s apparently the year they started factory drilling holes for rails and sights on the receiver. I own a two other 500’s and decided that this one I was going to have some fun...
Back