• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by GypsmJim

1. G

Sighting In Your Mossberg Tactical .22 715T

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy I bought the gun at a gun show on the other side of the state. The dealer was 200 miles away, so it made no sense to use him in the process. Mosscrap was willing to handle the repairs directly, so that was much easier than driving 400 miles to send it back...
  2. G

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Re: Planning on buying a .22 Tactical........do I need to si To the OP, better read the manual that comes with the gun. You move the rear sight the direction you want to move the point of impact. What was described above is the direct opposite and will lead you off the paper. Out of the...
  3. G

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy Actually, I just DID come back. Curious if others had made more posts to my thread. Since I dumped the Tact22 I had no follow-up from Mossberg. So, I guess they aren't interested in keeping a customer happy. Ny S&W M&P is an awesome gun. So far I have put...
  4. G

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy - Last Update I said I wouldn't post again, but I'm just so Happy I just had to. Took my losses like a man and put an extra couple hundred down and bought a S&W M&P Tactical 15-22. Awesome performance, awesome accuracy (at least 2 MOA) and a fine well made...
  5. G

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy This is my last post! I would not have come back but several of you nice people asked for updates, so I have complied. I have been shooting and collecting for over 50 years. NEVER have I had to send a gun back to the factory. I have 90 year old guns that are...
  6. G

Mossberg 702 vs Mossberg 715T "Tactical .22"

Re: Mossberg Tactical 702 vs Mossberg 715 T Mine is a 702. Its also a 10 round magazine model with the pinned stock, to be NY and CA compliant. Possibly the 715 is the high capacity model with the adjustable stock, I don't know. If indeed my theory is correct, then it probably doesn't...
  7. G

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy Oh I agree. I did my homework before I bought it and everybody raved. All my old Mossbergs (I have 4 others) are fantastic. I just got a lemon this time and the factory doesn't know how to repair it.
  8. G

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy After nearly 3 months and 5 trips across town to the Fedex store, it finally came back. The last trip to the Texas/Mexico Border Town Service Center took FOREVER, even though the package was marked (by them) "hot" because it was a repeat repair. Three recent...
  9. G

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy I called Customer Service today and they said they were finally working on the gun now. The girl said they were replacing the receiver because of function problems. I told her it functioned very well, it just didn't shoot straight and it needed a new barrel...
  10. G

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy Several asked for an update, so here's the latest. It's not the ammo - I've tried 5 different flavors and all perform poor. Mossberg Customer Service has been quite stellar. It took almost 2 weeks get the RA (they said 3-4 days) and they've had the gun now...
  11. G

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy They are mailing me a pre-paid return label, so in 3-4 days I can drive to the Fedex store again and send it back. They said they would give it to a "person higher up in Management" and they would contact me before they repair it. I asked for a new gun. The...
  12. G

Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy I've been a Mossberg fan since being a Teenager. My first gun was a Mossberg. I only own Mossberg shotguns, plus I have an older .22 Mossberg .22 rifle. So, after being satisfied for almost 50 years it pains me to post a complaint. Nevertheless.... I bought a...
Back