• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by HeavyDuty

1. H

One-Way Safety Removal Video

I’ll gladly take three - can I at least PP you postage?
  2. H

Shockwave - new build

I just installed a GG&G modified Magpul forend on my Shockwave yesterday. The work GG&G did is much cleaner than I or probably anyone could have done with a Dremel - it’s very professionally done.
  3. H

Forend options looking for recommendations

I just installed a GG&G modified Magpul forend on my Shockwave. I’d like to provide a bit more protection for the racking hand - a handstop that doesn’t take up much of the forend, or maybe a strap. Has anyone tried anything like this? I’m not interested in a handstop that takes up the...
  4. H

Picked Up A Used 590A1

Very nice! I have a 51417 that I bought new, I just replaced the barrel with a new heavy wall unfluted interchangeable choke one because a local gunsmith messed up the installation of a set of Mossberg ghost rings.
  5. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Ok, I punched four additional holes in the replacement strap and folded the strap over so the screws were outside the loop - no more hand contact with screw heads. I’d upload the pics, but the website isn't iPad friendly.
  6. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Actually, it’s due to my experience with a similar GG&G mount on my Beretta 1301T...
  7. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

To me, that mount looks like a recoil finger injury waiting to happen...
  8. H

Mossberg 590 Shockwave in 20 gauge now shipping!!!!

The Mossberg rep I spoke to a few weeks ago mentioned this was coming, but asked me too keep it under my hat. Glad to see it was almost ready at that point!
  9. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Lol - thanks, guys! Enjoying the Rockies with my sweetie.
  10. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I’m on my honeymoon right now, but I have a replacement strap waiting for me when I’m back. I have an idea of how I want to do it and will report back if it works.
  11. H

Magpul Stock & Forend On 590A1

My 590A1 came stock with Magpul furniture. There are no forend interference issues with my heavy fluted barrel, and I relieved the buttstock to allow the trigger group to be removed without pulling the stock.
  12. H

GG&G M590 Looped Rear Sling Attachment on a Shockwave, it works.

Looks good, but have you shot it yet? I’ve found side mounts like that tend to bite the web of my hand - I avoid them.
  13. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I did read through all the pages, thanks!
  14. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

My $329 Brownells special came in. I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet, but I’m already looking at ways of changing the way the handstrap is attached to put the screwheads outside of the loop.
  15. H

590A1 replacement barrel source?

I just got off the phone with Mossberg. The rep I spoke with was great, he mentioned that the magazine length on the 590A1 changed fairly recently, and he was able to cross-reference a new 18.5” barrel with front ghost ring that would fit my shotgun. $200. It appears I’m looking for part...
Back