• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by HiddenMortimer

1. H

464 Accuracy

Another thing I forgot to mention is that loading it through the side gate is very easy and smooth. It doesn’t cut my thumb and the rounds just side in. I really think I got a good one here. Hopefully it will hold up. It is not as easy to disassemble for cleaning as a marlin or Henry but it is...
  2. H

464 Accuracy

Well just came back from shooting the 30-30 and I’m very pleased with it. I shot a whole box of Hornady American whitetail without a single problem. Accuracy is also very good. There were no signs of stringing. I’m not crazy about the sights but I’m going to put peep sights on it anyways so that...
  3. H

464 Accuracy

Quick update: I disassembled the rifle for cleaning. The barrel inside is very shiny. After I put it back together, I cycled 12 unfired rounds through it to test feeding and it performed flawlessly. I even cycled them very fast with no hang ups. I haven’t shot it yet, so accuracy is still to be...
  4. H

464 Accuracy

Thanks CaddmannQ. My rifle should arrive next week. I’ll report how it does as soon as I can.
  5. H

464 Accuracy

Thanks for the welcome and the replies. Do you think the stringing might have something to do with the bands holding the foregrip? Are there ways to free float or at least bed it better in the stock? Just some ideas. I don’t have one yet so I can’t really see what can be done to it.
  6. H

464 Accuracy

Hello all, First post here. I hope everyone is doing well. I have become interested in getting a new 464 with the straight stock and would like to ask a couple of questions. Do the new ones still have the issue of stringing after a few shots? This is something that I have seen on videos and read...
Back