• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by HotorCold

1. HotorCold

SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

Ok, so I am in the market for a RDS. I’ve had my eye on a Sig Romeo 5. I like the “shake to wake” but I see the PA micro is about the same price. I don’t think it has that feature, which is a big selling point to me for home defense sight. I am going to get a Bushnell TRS-25 cause they are...
  2. HotorCold

The clip Shockwave must not be selling very good

I was kinda interested until I saw the price of magazines. Holy cow! I will watch for the regular shockwaves to be $249 again.
  3. HotorCold

Got a new to me 930 SPX with mag tube problems. New follower

I go the Nordic follower FINALLY! It only to two weeks. I have it installed and it seems to be a lot better. The hard stop after 4-5 shells is GONE! I did have two times where it tried to catch just a little but a more firm push loaded the next round. The Nordic follower isn’t perfect. It has a...
  4. HotorCold

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

So, anybody still reading this thread? I’m wondering what length to cut my Wolff spring to? I was thinking start at 30”. I think some people have been running 24-25”.
  5. HotorCold

Well, I screwed that up! I’ll know from now on. I don’t work with aluminum very much. I am waiting on the Nordic follower still. Freaking Brownells has the slowest shipping. I did get the clamp ordered too. Now to wait on it!
  6. HotorCold

Pictures as promised. I took a shot down the forearm so you can see the alignment of the tube. It’s pretty good. Anyway, I have identified the problem as the follower, no surprise. I removed it and dropped a shell in and had no problems. I polished the radiused areas of the follower on a buffing...
  7. HotorCold

Got the Nordic clamp canceled. Going to order the Magpul clamp and a clamp on rail to mount the light to. Thanks for all the help! I am also going to post a photo of the inside of the mag tube extension. Maybe you guys will see something I’m missing.
  8. HotorCold

I didn’t know Magpul made a clamp. I like that one. I backordered the nordic clamp at Brownells. I’ll call and see if I can cancel it. I wanted the rail but want a sling too, so I can use the magpul for sling and and a clamp on light mount. As far as the Magpul clamp goes, they make two...
  9. HotorCold

I am going to try the Nordic follower and if that doesn’t work idk what I’ll do next. I am running out of ideas. Any suggestions?
  10. HotorCold

Sigh. It was feeding ok but I went ahead with the hone job. Big mistake. She’s totally quit taking 7 rounds. 5 only. Period. Anybody want a CHEAP shotgun?! I sure don’t want it! And I realized the mag tube tightens on the handguard very slightly canted. I don’t think it should hurt but I guess...
  11. HotorCold

I might have the 5-20 oil but don’t have any ATF. I try to keep away from them! I really worked the follower over, so I think that helped. The mouth of the extension is where I think most of my problems are. So I’ll work it over.
  12. HotorCold

Ok, I wasn’t sure it would help but for $20 ($15 for hone & $4 for oil) I’ll try it. I had heard the GG&G follower won’t fit the factory Choate extension. That is why I ordered the Nordic Components follower. I would have ordered the Vang Comp, had I known about it. Oh well. I might still get...
  13. HotorCold

Well, she ran like a banshee today. The cheap Estate 1250 FPS 7 & 1/2 shot was flawless! :ripper: Over 50 rounds and I gave up. My shoulder is sore!!! I don’t know. It seemed like they weren't loading more than the 5 at first but once I got out shooting, I didn’t notice any problems. I could...
  14. HotorCold

Well, I bought some more 7 & 1/2 shot but 1290 fps to try. And I got 5 rounds in and it would go about 1/2” father but couldn’t load anymore. So I put on safety glasses and REALLY CAREFULLY unscrewed the extension. The follower was about a 1/2” in the mag tube from the extension. I pulled it out...
Back