• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Isaac22lr

1. Isaac22lr

#2, or #3 12 gauge loads?

Thank you! I'll have a look!
  2. Isaac22lr

Maybe in the future, I'm actually just more interested in finding some, I've never seen any companies that produce it, so I'd assume it'd have to be strictly hand loaded, which means they probably don't stack well in 12 gauge shells.
  3. Isaac22lr

Has anyone ever seen, or loaded 12 gauge in #2 buckshot, or #3 buckshot? and if so, do they stack well? I've only ever seen them in 20ga.
  4. Isaac22lr

Mossy 500 12 gauge buckshot and slug patterns.

Any mossberg is a good shotgun, am I right?
  5. Isaac22lr

Stock up !!

Not bad, I only have about 100 rounds of buckshot, and 40ish slugs, for 12ga. about 400 rounds of buckshot for .410.
  6. Isaac22lr

Stock up !!

Being a college student, I can't spent thousands on ammo, but I can spend hundreds ;)
  7. Isaac22lr

12 GA mini shells

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/656_2081_10000533/products_id/713073270/AGUILA%20AMMO%20MINI-SHELL%2012GA./ $0.74/round, budsgunshop is the best, all around.
  8. Isaac22lr

Choosing the Right Self Defense Ammo...

A 124g FMJ, and a 124g JHP, have the same energy, if they are traveling at the same rate of speed. It's not like a FMJ naturally is more powerful than a JHP, it's about how the bullet acts in the target. Dumping all the energy means you get the full effect of the projectile, verses wasting some...
  9. Isaac22lr

Shockwave HD: Capacity or Power?

As far as two holes bleeding twice as much, well, then there’s the debate of your average 9 pellet 00b load vs your average 27 pellet 4b load ;) 27 holes bleeds more than 9!
  10. Isaac22lr

Every ballistic expert I’ve ever heard has stated that energy dumped into the target is more effective than it being wasted going through. If you really want good penetration, high pellet count, then #1 is the way to go, meets halfway between #4 and 00 haha.
  11. Isaac22lr

Also, I agree. #4 buck was very hard to find, Cabela’s, academy, and four local gun stores and I was only able to find some Hornady specialty “coyote” #4 buck, so I ended up ordering some from budsguns.
  12. Isaac22lr

I agree, I’m not against 00buck entirely as long as you’re aware. But still, a #4 pellet lodged in a heart, or some sort of tissue is going to affect the target more than a 00 buck pellet lodged in your drywall haha.
  13. Isaac22lr

Tips on recovering a stolen firearm? (Mossberg 702)

Shouldn’t just reported it stolen means that a gun shop would seize it or something?
  14. Isaac22lr

Tips on recovering a stolen firearm? (Mossberg 702)

I actually went to about 4 local pawn shops, within my town. But didn’t go any further out. Left phone number, and serial number. Thanks for the info! Definitely hoping the guy who stole it decides to pawn it, haha.
  15. Isaac22lr

I actually agree with you on that. I just try to let people be aware, if you are going to use 00buckshot it is most likely going to over penetrate. As for the ammo I choose, my maverick is loaded with a federal slug, then federal #4 buck. And the side saddle is all slugs. People have it so...
Back