• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by itwasntme

1. I

Differences Between Maverick 88 and Mossberg 500?

i was really confused myself. the only thing i can imagine is the forearm arms came off track of the action slightly and it got locked up. this is one of the reasons i asked my initial question. i have heard of numerous people having problems with their cartridge elevator coming slightly out of...
  2. I

that sounds like it could be my problem, only i was putting forward pressure on the pump. it locked up about half to a third of the way back to the receiver when i was ejecting a cartridge after firing.
  3. I

the action would completely lock up and i'd have to wiggle the pump like i was chambering a round until it freed up. i checked to see if the shell elevator had come out of it's position, but the clips were still completely seated in their holes.
  4. I

She Shoots High

i'm willing to bet it's due to not having the rear sight to assist in lining up the shot. i noticed the exact same thing at about the same distance; i didn't measure exactly. we're probably just not holding the gun level with the target while we line up our shot.
  5. I

so the action is the same in the 88 and 500 models? i'm just wondering because my 88 has hung up on me two or three times, but i've not put more than 100 shells through it either.
Back