• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Javell

1. Javell

Mossberg gets rid of my beloved "Thug" !

There's more to be had .... just different brands labels..........Armsan model A120 search will lead you to other models made by Armsan.
  2. Javell

Mossberg SA-20 Bantam 20ga - 24" Barrel - Suggestions?

Bobster, Thank you! I'm not ready to add a magazine extension on. Did you mention "bayonet" in a previous post? Although a flashlight has more utility, a bayonet will dissuade folks from grabbing for your shotgun.
  3. Javell

Magazine Tube Disassembly? Does anybody have instructions on disassembly of the magazine tube so I may clean it? It does not appear intuitive, but I could smell the powder & carbon in there when I took it out of the box and ran some snap caps through. TriStar Viper G2 T/W (Turkey/Waterfowl)...
  4. Javell

OK, I'm sold on the Mossberg SA-20! I ran the gun today for approximately 50 shells. There was not one failure.....no FTFs, no stovepipes, no cycle failures. It was smooth, sweet and low recoil with 3" shells. I had already removed the magazine plug. I still kept running out of shells and...
  5. Javell

Armsan Support Response. I asked about a parts source for the A620 model (Mossberg SA-20). Response was prompt today: Thank you for contacting Armsan, For A620 spare parts, you can contact the company Tristar Arms – Kansas City. Best Regards
  6. Javell

I'm planning to retest the aftermarket support. I'll post results. There are also local dealers (within ~35 miles) allegedly carrying the other brands. It can't hurt to ask:)
  7. Javell

Thanks MikeD. I looked at the trigger group. There's no room on that sear. I'll lightly polish, but there isn't much to adjust. My reasons for wanting adjustment to the 6lb 6oz trigger pull: 1. English standard for a field gun is 4 lbs front trigger, 4.5 lbs rear trigger (if there is a 2nd...
  8. Javell

Bobster, Thank you for your posts and your time. I read every one before I made the purchase, but I couldn't see the photos until now (membership approval). It is unfortunate they discontinued those Turkey Thug models.
  9. Javell

Mossberg SA-20 Shotgun Accessories. Just from the initial inspection, disassembly and re-assembly. I perceive I need a few things. I'm confused as to why there isn't an accessory list from Mossberg because accessories have much higher markup than guns. I recognize that arms manufacturers in...
  10. Javell

Mossberg SA-20 Shotgun Disassembly/Assembly videos. The following 2 videos were helpful. The first is silent, but has clear video. The 2nd has blurry video at times, but the oral instructions and comments make it the better video. I'm unsure, but it appears the piston sleeve setup in the...
  11. Javell

Mossberg SA-20 Shotgun manuals. I'm unable to post the Mossberg manual due to file size restrictions, but the other brands and Armsan have better diagrams and photos in some cases. They all appear to be written by somebody who is ESL - English as a Second Language. YouTube videos were much...
  12. Javell

Thank you for the suggestions and advice. I disassembled and reassembled the gun 3 times tonight. The Mossberg SA-20 shotgun is an easy gun to learn disassembly/reassembly. I'm planning to test drive it before I make any mods. I'm aware it can be shell finicky. I've got some 2 3/4 and 3"...
  13. Javell

I'm going to try this magnetic sight. HIVIZ Sight Systems Magnetic combo sight from .218" to .328" model TO 300
  14. Javell

Read all the threads. Bought it anyway. I understand the shell requirements and break in period. Utilization: Home defense by a lady, 5'2", 115lbs Mossberg SA-20 Bantam 20ga LOP - Short Youth Stock - Out of the box LOP is 12 5/8 inches. Vent Rib width is: .275" or 7.00mm using digital...
Back