• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by JSDinTexas

1. JSDinTexas

Fed 127 00 Buck on Sale 4NOV11

Appreciate the replies of thanks. I would like to get on the forum a bit more but my job often takes me to areas where communication is sparse. Still, when I see something like this deal, I try to make it known to the forum.
  2. JSDinTexas

Yeah, I figured it might be a decent price - I think this has usually been offered for around $129, and it comes with an ammo can. I use the 127 and find it real good for just blasting and general destruction. A while back, I bought some Fed 132 reduced recoil for HD, but find the 127 doesn't...
  3. JSDinTexas

I received an email from Palmetto Armory this am 4NOV11 for Federal 127 00 Buck going for $99.99 + $15 shipping and comes in a 50cal ammo can. Total price for 175 rds is $114.99. I am not endorsing this company or anything (I have ordered from them and never had a problem), but figured it is a...
  4. JSDinTexas

Hornady Zombie Max?

Jeez, I leave on assignment for a few weeks and come back to find a massive zombie invasion in progress. Thank goodness for the Mossberg Owners forum that has the solution handy. And while I worry about zombies a bit, that female munchkin is the scariest of all. :shock:
  5. JSDinTexas

Looking for a good single point

For a single point sling I chose the BDS Tactical Single Point Sling and an Ergo two loop plate between the receiver and the stock for my 500 Persuader. The plate fit with no problem and added maybe 1/4" to the LOP. Good sling but does get in the way occasionaly - that may be offset by having...
  6. JSDinTexas

Had to activate the Family Emergency Response Plan

Thanks for the info and link - I'll take a look.
  7. JSDinTexas

What's the minimum size land for hunting??

He was probably 100 lbs, I can only guess since I lifted him up in the pickup bed and that's what I thought at the time. I got about 55 lbs of meat so he would be considered at least an average to maybe a little above average. The deer here are pretty small compared to northern states, and we...
  8. JSDinTexas

Winchester "Universal" Shotgun ammo

I have read about steel case bullets and I stay away from them - especially in my M4. I have used aluminum cased CCI in my G20 with no ill effects, but in a Glock you can shoot almost anything including puffed rice. :mrgreen:
  9. JSDinTexas

Had to activate the Family Emergency Response Plan

I live in the country so the biggest problem I have with no electriciy is the well won't work, therefore no water. My 1st solution was to stock 10 gallons of drinking water in the utility room. My next solution will be to investigate if I can put a manual pump on the well. Warmth and cooking are...
  10. JSDinTexas

What's the minimum size land for hunting??

I'll throw in my 2 cents here. I have 8 acres in the rural TX hill country that is almost square: this relates to about 600 ft per side. I put out corn and water, and the deer come every day, especially with the historic drought we are now experiencing. I decided on a 175 lb crossbow w/ 4X...
  11. JSDinTexas

Mud Shooting

Dang, hope I haven't started something here. :o
  12. JSDinTexas

Mud Shooting

Ooops, sorry bout that Mudinyeri - but your safe - my 500 can only reach Oklahoma from TX :D
  13. JSDinTexas

Mud Shooting

I finally got a chance to break in my Mossberg 500 Persuader. A friend of mine is the head of a water dept in a small town so we went to the wastewater ponds outside of town. One of the ponds was partially drained so it was half shallow water and half mud. Shooting in the mud was a perfect way...
  14. JSDinTexas

Happy Aniversary Mossberg Owners!!!

Happy Aniversary! And congratulations to Dan, all the moderators, and members. This forum has certainly been a wealth of information to me, and enhanced my understanding of Mossberg shotguns and their use. I only hope that in the next year I will be able to participate a bit more than I have...
  15. JSDinTexas

GUN SAFES

For my handgun safe I chose GunVault. I have one in the vehicle cabled to the passenger seat frame and one on the floor by the bed. If you are interested in these, I would suggest buying the largest version cause the small one (not the micro) is pretty small - will hold a 1911 for instance but...
Back