• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Kadelic

1. Kadelic

Mossberg 590 Shockwave Heat Shield ??????

That makes sense. Exactly the two areas I removed material.
  2. Kadelic

If you look closely at the picture on the ATI website, there is a raised area on top of the heat shield close to the end that goes toward the receiver. The shiny area in my second picture above shows where I removed some material. About .1". It was not a perfect fit and I had to manipulate it...
  3. Kadelic

Need a Low mount only, Romeo 5 red dot

I have a couple Romeo 5s. One came with the low mount and the AR co-witness mount, the other came with just the AR mount. Weird. I haven't mounted one to a shotgun yet. A few years ago I bought a used Primary Arms red dot. It originally came with the low mount and the AR mount but the...
  4. Kadelic

Sorry for the late response. This is what I have on my Shockwave: https://www.atioutdoors.com/product/classic-shotgun-heatshield/ It installed without much difficulty. The only real customization I had to do was because of the XS Big Dot front sight I had installed. This required opening up...
  5. Kadelic

New Voodoo Tactical Scabbard

I also saw this on FB yesterday and ordered one. As luck would have it, I had just ordered one of the Voodoo breacher scabbards a couple days ago. Oh well, I can return it for the cost of shipping.
  6. Kadelic

Axes and Hatchets and Machetes rule my life...

It's beautiful and came razor sharp. Can't beat the quality for the price in my opinion. I haven't had the chance to give it a work out yet.
  7. Kadelic

I kinda like the streak of heartwood cosmetically. I think I'll take your advice and just go with the BLO treatment. I already have some from a project I did a couple years ago treating some handles for my BK10 knife. Thanks again for the axe referral.
  8. Kadelic

Got mine today. The handle feels great in the hand. I don't know anything about wooden axe handles, is the darker wood in the handle a sign of possible weakness? I'll be treating it according to the suggestions in nitesite's link in post #53.
  9. Kadelic

You're not kidding! I placed my order shortly before 10AM and also sent them a message to please sharpen it. Exactly an hour later I received a confirmation email regarding the sharpening, and 15 minutes after that, the shipping email. That's quick service!
  10. Kadelic

Make that three left, lol. I don't often have a need for a larger axe but have wanted one after the last couple camping trips when my small camp axe didn't quite cut it. Like y'all have stated, the axes I've seen at Lowes and Home Depot left me wanting. When I saw the axe mentioned in this...
  11. Kadelic

Single sentence philosophy

From Heinlein's book Stranger In A Strange Land: "Honor necessity." - Then Man from Mars.
  12. Kadelic

How long did you wait for a 590 Shockwave?

No plans at the moment. My 18.5" 500 already has the Shockwave Raptor grip on it. Anything shorter than 18" is illegal. I was going to put a stock back on the 500 if I got the 590 Shockwave but now I may just get a 20" 590 with a stock. Now that I'm getting my credit card refunded from Bud's...
  13. Kadelic

Well, it appears my waiting period is over and I will not be getting a Shockwave. I just got an email from Bud's saying there is a problem with my order and to please call their customer service dept. The guy I spoke to said they were no longer shipping Shockwaves to Texas and Ohio because of...
  14. Kadelic

My question is this: If the 590 Shockwave qualifies as a prohibited short barreled shotgun under Texas law, despite its federal status, then isn't any short barreled rifle, even one with an NFA stamp, still illegal in Texas? I can't say that I know anyone with an NFA stamped firearm, but...
  15. Kadelic

I live in Texas and am in line for one at Buds. If I cancel my order I'll have to pay a 10% fee if I do so before 90 days. Hopefully there will be some clarification or it will take more than 90 days, I'd hate to take possession of this item and become a felon!
Back