• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by kurtis

1. K

any 28in non ported barrels?

So on the website they don't say if they have ports or not, does mossberg have any 24 or 28 inch barells without porting? the pictures on the website don't show any porting.
  2. K

Upland birds and short barrels?

Learn something new every day. I just assumed the double bead was a wing shooter thing since i mainly see them on longer barrels but now I Know.
  3. K

I found it odd when I received the second 20" vent rib from mossberg and it had a double bead sight on it. Ill use it for birds and see how it goes. I might look like the oddball in the field :). Ive killed plenty of squirrels on the run with it but never a bird
  4. K

Alright so I had a 1984 remington 870 special field and it had a 21" barrel and from what I know was meant for upland game hunting. I notice now that 28" barrels are whats trending for game birds. I would like to get into pheasant/chukar hunting but when I slap on my 28" barrell on my 500 it...
  5. K

500 stored cocked or de cocked?

It never dawned on me that the firing pin was under tension until I was in deep thought last night. I'm so use to striker fired pistols that it slipped my mind. I'll keep them de cocked, I do have a 500 from the early 80s that was probably never decocked while storing and it functions fine but...
  6. K

500 stored cocked or de cocked?

Ok so Ive looked and searched, I even read the manual but theres little information. Ive never dry fired my 500s to relive the firing pin spring for storage. What is the proper way of storing these things or does it even matter? Im not trying to start a debate, this might be a non issue. The...
  7. K

Grey or Ash wood furniture?

By grey wood do you mean laminate wood? Id check boyds gun stocks they might have what you're looking for https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator/
  8. K

WTS Mossberg 500 Barrels price drop.

12 GA, thank you I fixed the post
  9. K

WTS Mossberg 500 Barrels price drop.

I have 3 mossberg 500 barrels for sale 2 20" barrels with heat shields and a 20 inch vent rib barrel. All barrels are 12 GA the 2 with the heat shield are matte black and have minor scuffs from handling but have never been shot, $90.00 shipped each. the vent rib is blued and has a minor scuff...
  10. K

Anyone have experience with 500 Talo Home Defense model or new 590 SP with 6 shot magazine tube?

It hasn't worn anymore than any of my other mossbergs. I have the talo version with the standard stock but everything else is the same as the talo with the 13.5 stock I'll try and find the model number, be carefully because not all have the 13.5 stock
  11. K

Anyone have experience with 500 Talo Home Defense model or new 590 SP with 6 shot magazine tube?

I have one of the talo 500 home defense models. Its been hanging on my bedroom wall for about 3 years now. The finish i believe is a little different and something talo uses. I remember mossberg didn't have a matte black home defense model with a black bolt at the time and thats why I went with...
  12. K

Whats a 20" vent rib good for?

I wonder why mossberg doesn't sell a model with the blued 20" 6 shot barrel they have on their website but they sell it separate. It wasn't a crazy good deal it was spray painted all camo. I had a new stock and forend at the house though so I decided to get it and repaint it.
  13. K

Has Anyone Installed a Boyd's Forend on Their 500?

if it were me I would cut a strip of metal and slide it down in there and use pliers or something to turn the strip of metal to tighten it down. Ive honestly used a butter knife before it doesn't have to be stupid tight to hold.
  14. K

Whats a 20" vent rib good for?

So at the pawn shot I picked up a 500 for 180 bucks. It has a 20" vent ribbed barrel threaded for chokes. Its an older 500 probably made in the 80s. What is this length of barrel good for or what was the intended purpose when they sold them? Self defense or hunting.
Back