• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by lornedavis

1. L

Full List Of All Mossberg Firearms...

146B made 1949 -1954. 146B-A made 1954-1958. The A indicates a different rear sight.
  2. L

Full List Of All Mossberg Firearms...

I did not read all replies here so forgive any repeat of information. The years 1942 thur 1945 Moss. made no rifles for the civilian market. They started military contract work in 1941 and were 100% into that by 1942 thru 1945. Any guns on the market in those years were made before 1942' Even in...
  3. L

tryed to post here

OK, click on 'start a post', not 'upload file'?
  4. L

tryed to post here

an introduction of myself and collector interests, but it ended up in the new member post forum. I would only post here, but am not sure how do keep a post here. Will try again.
  5. L

I discovered this site some time ago--

I have only posted a few times because my Moss. interests are with the older models only. However I never really introduced myself. I started collecting Moss. .22's in 1997. They were some of my first rifles, target, small game, etc. many years ago. I only collect models up to the 1950's and any...
  6. L

My 1957 (?) 146B

146B was made 1949 to 1954. There was someone who was selling those alum. TG for awhile, due to so many plastic ones broken. These rifles to day, if original, will sell to a collector for about 200, depending on condition, maybe more. Yours is a later model (1951-54) the first ones had a T bolt...
  7. L

Difference in 151K models.

There was no 151 (only) model, just a 151k, introduced in 1950 and discontinued in 1951. The rest were 151M model with the Mannlicher stock. The K, in any Moss model number indicates the rifle is furnished with only an open barrel sight, no peep. While I would not call 151k's rare, you do not...
  8. L

Mossberg 151K question on sling swivels

None were provided from the factory
  9. L

IDENTITY CRISIS • Mossberg 46 M (b) • Help Sought

I do not come here that often and had no idea when you posted. As to the age of this rifle--it is post war, judging by the rear sight. It is a 46M (b) as it has the treaded hole on bottom of the tube near barrel end. Also the small hole in stock (where it was slimmed down was for a screw which...
  10. L

IDENTITY CRISIS • Mossberg 46 M (b) • Help Sought

In the first place the 46 (b) and the 46M (b) are not the same gun. The M stands for Mannlicher or military. They had a stock which extended to the muzzle. The Mod. 46B did not. Also the stock on yours has been cut down, forearm slimmed down. The barrel stamping will either say 46B or 46M (b)...
Back