• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by MadBiker Wolf

1. MadBiker Wolf

3 Dot Sights vs. Ghost Ring (NOW WITH PICS)

Re: 3 Dot Sights or Ghost Ring? Soliciting advice from the group. I'm looking to upgrade from my existing 590 (regular, not A1) bead to a 3-dot system. Difficulty: I'd like one that can fit on a picatinny rail since I'm planning on getting the Mesa Tactical sidesaddle/rail combination...
  2. MadBiker Wolf

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

BowtieBill, I'm down in south Long Beach but work up in the San Fernando Valley, so Ventura isn't a huge trip. Perhaps I'll take you up on your offer sometime this month. Cheers, Mad
  3. MadBiker Wolf

BowtieBill, Excellent. I'm glad that you won't suffer through the same issues I have out here.
  4. MadBiker Wolf

Bowtie, Before stocking up on a lot of ammunition, check out your local shooting ranges since they might have restrictions. Out here in the People's Republic of California (Los Angeles), the indoor ranges that allow shotguns require the use of their in-house shells. (7.5 birdsghot typically)...
  5. MadBiker Wolf

length of pull and the comfort weight of a weapon can be two different things. A person might have long arms, but not have the tricep and shoulder strength for a 8 pound weapon. I don't think the weight will be that much of a problem if you aren't hunting with it. You'll need a break from the...
  6. MadBiker Wolf

Nakakazu, Why not just get a 590A1 that already has a 20" barrel and holds 9 shells? http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=26&display=specs If cost is the issue, consider what I said earlier and get a regular 590. http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=5&display=specs I...
  7. MadBiker Wolf

srvctec, I'm far too much of a noob with my shotgun to have an opinion that is worth anything. However, I think if you cut down the OEM stock, a replacement buttpad will no longer fit since the diameter of the buttplate will be smaller. Limbsaver has a version that can be cut/ground down to...
  8. MadBiker Wolf

hahahahahahahaha
  9. MadBiker Wolf

Hold the phone. Are you telling me that the default Hogue Overmolded stock is the 14" LOP? Dangnabit, the web page doesn't make that very clear. I was looking at it and thought it was just a regular replacement stock. Feeling stupid now. Your overcompensation in having an A1 is obvious. My...
  10. MadBiker Wolf

I can not find one. Tried Midway, Cheaperthendirt, Amazon, and a few others. Even went to Hogue's site. It is possible I'm just an idiot, though. Besides, you just have a lowly 500 while I have a 590 which is a whole 90 numbers better than yours. :D :lol: :P Cheers, friend. Mad
  11. MadBiker Wolf

Nakakazu, Have you considered getting a regular 590 instead of an A1? They're cheaper and unless you plan in whacking your barrel and trigger guard against steel bulkheads, you probably don't need the extra ruggedization of the A1. The Hogue is a good, well made stock and I bought the 12" LOP...
  12. MadBiker Wolf

Thanks for the update! Mount is now on order. As for the laser... ouch! A bit pricey for me right now so it's on my Christmas wish list. I was thinking that I might just home-brew something. Laser pointers are about $10. It can't be that hard to rig new on/off button. I foresee an accuracy...
  13. MadBiker Wolf

Rossignol, All good points, my new friend. So, back to the topic which I strayed from: Know of any rail or ring mounted laser pointers? I'd rather ask this group rather than rely on Amazon ratings. I'd like one that fits directly under the magazine tube rather than one that mounts between the...
  14. MadBiker Wolf

Rossignol, Thanks for the welcome and the information, friend. Appreciated. I believe I'll start out with some cheap swivels at first since I don't plan on using them much. Heck, out here in Southern California there's not much chance of needing to sling my boom-stick for an extended time...
  15. MadBiker Wolf

Hey there folks, I'm both new to the forum and new to owning a 590. I'm still a bit confused on Mossberg's model numbers and how they inter-relate when it comes to finding a compatible accessory. I think I'm getting it, though; seems to me that stock type and magazine capacity (length of...
Back