• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by MarkS20

1. M

MOSSBERG 500 FLEX

Just don't forget the round limiter stick. Mark
  2. M

MOSSBERG 500 FLEX

I've thought about doing something similar with a shorter barrel home defense oriented barrel. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  3. M

New Here and Have a Question

Welcome to the forum. A bunch of people here including myself have changed the safety. Several different styles are easily available on eBay. There is a sticky thread in this section about replacing the safety. Just watch that detent ball! I have no qualms about the plastic trigger housing...
  4. M

Upgrading safety and follower , and follower spring.

No screw on cap on mine, the cap is staked on. -- Mark
  5. M

How long did you heat it and where did you apply the heat? -- Mark
  6. M

Tried the heat gun and strap wrench route. Nope. I don't have a lot of metal working tricks up my sleeve. Mark
  7. M

Your challenge will be getting the magazine tube off. Mossberg uses yellow loc-tite. I tried heat but was hesitant to go with flame. Ended up going to a gunsmith. Cost $50 and took a "whole lot of heat!" Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  8. M

Need a safety detention ball bearing

I put a MCARBO stainless steel follower in my 500. Needed the assistance of a gunsmith to defeat the yellow loctite Mossberg used to hold the magazine tube in. I don't have many metal working skills. The stainless is much easier to see and rides smooth in the tube. And if you use loctite blue...
  9. M

Need a safety detention ball bearing

I was going to day eBay also. When you install the new one do it on short tuft carpet so if you drop the ball it can't go far. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  10. M

Mini shells

My 500 also didn't feed too well on normal shells. Before I really investigated that I replaced the follower with an M-Carbo solid one. No more feeding problems. -- Mark
  11. M

Rebuilt the tang safety on my 500A for the second time, still slips.

Or the ball is missing. You can get replacements on eBay. Mark
  12. M

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

I'm guessing that that is a distributor special version. Likely something simple such as color combination that was sent to one distributor only. -- Mark
  13. M

Magazine tube removal success

I tried heat gun and stove routes to free up mine. No dice. Took a trip to a gunsmith and a "Whole lot of heat" to break mine free. -- Mark
  14. M

Anyone use a stainless mag follower?

I installed a MCARBO stainless follower in my 500. I did find the stock follower bind. I also did not like it's dark color as it made it harder to see if the magazine was empty. The stainless stands out better. If I see brass I have a non-empty mag. Silver, empty mag. With the old one black told...
  15. M

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

Several do or you can reuse the one way screw. Used the masking tape trick and forgot about the detention ball. Fortunately I was able to find it. I put the hump to the rear as I felt I could get a better grip on it to put the 500 into safe. -- Mark
Back