• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by mikehill85

1. M

Normal Wear?

The new bolt assembly came today. I just checked it with a magnet. The bolt, bolt lock, bolt carrier, ect. are steel. The receiver is aluminum though. That said, I had to send in the old bolt assembly so I could only check the new bolt lock. If the old one was aluminum that would certainly...
  2. M

Normal Wear?

It is part of the bolt assembly. Please see below. It is the part that locks into a recess on the top of the receiver when the gun is fired to allow for opening of the action after pressures have reached safe levels. When the gun fires, gas is vented to a gas piston which pushes on the bolt...
  3. M

Normal Wear?

Thanks. I have talked to them and they are sending me a new bolt assembly. I am new to shotguns in general and don't know what is normal. It is a pretty decent dent and I haven't been doing anything crazy. I've just been shooting 2-3/4" factory loads nothing absurdly hot. Winchester Super X...
  4. M

Broken 930 Bolt Issue INTERESTING

I have issues with wear on my bolt lock. I think there may be a problem with the materials selection or heat treatment on this part. But it really isn't that important right? *sarcasm*
  5. M

Normal Wear?

I have a Mossberg 930. It had some issues out of the box which Mossberg fixed. However, I recently noticed the attached gouge on my bolt lock where it interfaces with the bolt carrier. Do you guys think this is "normal"? Obviously the bolt lock is key to the safe functioning of the gun. Without...
  6. M

930 JM Pro - choke & jam fest

Yeah. I have one and had major issues with it out of the box. Shells kept jamming under the chamber and not feeding in. I ended up contacting Mossberg about it. They thought it was the lifter and sent me a new lifter. I put hundreds of rounds through it trying to fix it and tried too many...
Back