• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Misery930

1. Misery930

Bizarre failure

And? It's the same follower that had been in the gun for a while now. I put the original follower back in because I don't want to waste my good parts on it. I polished the edge of the shell stop because I heard it might fix this, it did nothing to resolve the issue, I bought a new one and...
  2. Misery930

Bizarre failure

The gun has been collecting dust in the back of my safe for a while because it won't feed from the magazine and then today I felt optimistic, tried messing with it and this happened. It released the follower from the magazine and tried to feed it and the spring into the chamber ... I've never...
  3. Misery930

Miculek Competition Lifter!

This is a MUST HAVE upgrade for the 930! For 9 years now I've lived with the cutout at the end of the lifter, tried to load with a bent thumb, and had my thumb eaten but no longer. Jerry's website had this in stock and ready to ship so I got it without a second thought. Here are some photos. I...
  4. Misery930

Second round won't feed

The only way it consistently feeds that second shot is when I load the first shell into the chamber, hit the shell stop, and then load 6 into the magazine. If I load the magazine with 7 then try to chamber one, it will more often than not go back into battery without releasing a shell from the...
  5. Misery930

Second round won't feed

I keep my 930 loaded 7+1 with Federal 00 buck and I've been having some issues getting the second round to feed. I charge it, ejecting the round in the chamber, and the bolt either locks open as if the gun were empty or it just doesn't release anything from the magazine. I'm pulling the charging...
  6. Misery930

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

I used the Mossberg heat shield and put a NCstar bayonet mount in front of it. I removed the lug off the bottom of it though. It's just there for the rail so I can put a light on the gun and to keep the heatshield from moving forward. I don't use the polymer spacer that comes with the heatshield.
  7. Misery930

my very first Mossberg

That's outstanding. It will serve you well. I love my 500, 590 and 930. First shotgun or have you had others prior to this? I used to be a Remington guy but I like the position of the slide release and safety better on the Mossbergs and I really enjoy that the lifter stays out of the way when...
  8. Misery930

Who's using the OR3GUN spacer in their 930 SPX?

It's the 18" SPX model. I have a 50 caliber ammo can full of these Aguila target loads that I've been shooting for a while and the only problems I've had with it were these past 2 trips to the range after adding the marine spacer. I just put the factory setup back on it. I see no reason to spend...
  9. Misery930

Who's using the OR3GUN spacer in their 930 SPX?

I've been to the range twice now, put about 100 rounds through the 930 and the results have not been good. I lost patience and didn't shoot it much today because I've probably had more malfunctions since adding this OR3GUN spacer than I had in the previous years I've owned the gun. The new...
  10. Misery930

That cutout on the end of the lifter ... Why?!?!

I just wish the 930 loaded like a 590 with no lifter to push out of the way so I can load 2 at a time or drop shell in and push them in with the next
  11. Misery930

C-Rums has it listed at $50 for the work. I've got a friend who said he may be able to do it but he wants me to show him what I'm talking about before he says yes or no. I really hope he says he can do it because otherwise, I'm paying $25 for a new lifter, $50 for the work, $8 to ship it back to...
  12. Misery930

I ordered a stock lifter directly from Mossberg to have modified because my understanding is that C-Rums MODIFIES lifters that you send to him. If he sells them already done then I just wasted $25 ... haha.
  13. Misery930

Lighter barrel for 590a1?

You'll need a heat gun or a really strong grip to break the magazine tube free. Harbor freight has heat guns for around $20 I think. I put the receiver in my vise with a piece of leather glued on each of the jaws AND another piece over the receiver to protect the finish. I keep my extra ammo on...
Back