• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Smashing Pumpkins

1. Smashing Pumpkins

Shockwave Availability

Wow, that is really encouraging. I hope it is sign that supply situation is getting better, and not just a fluke.
  2. Smashing Pumpkins

Shockwave Availability

I've got a brand new in box genuine Mossberg 14" barrel you can have for a reasonable price if you want to roll your own from Frog Dog's or anyone else's PGO Mossy.
  3. Smashing Pumpkins

Legal carry

Thanks, you too. Hope I can smash some pumpkins this weekend! I wonder if the mods will let me change my screen name to Smashing Pumpkins? It's a little more happening than MossBack, don't ya think?
  4. Smashing Pumpkins

Legal carry

Frogdog, you gotta do you. But OP was asking about the legality, and nothing you said addresses the point I quoted from Mossberg's site about concealing the Shockwave violating the NFA.
  5. Smashing Pumpkins

Legal carry

OK, Ima be the nonconformist and say "no, don't do that." Even if your state laws don't prohibit carrying it concealed, you have a problem with federal law. Here is what Mossberg has to say about it: Do not carry the Mossberg Shockwave concealed. If this gun is carry concealed, it would be...
  6. Smashing Pumpkins

Shockwave Availability

Don't know where you live or what supply is like there. Pump actions are super hard to come by where I live. Finding anything at a pre-panic price is almost a miracle. Finding exactly what you want at a jacked-up price is not that easy. Finding exactly what you want at a pre-panic price...
  7. Smashing Pumpkins

Shockwave Availability

^^^^ Not sure where you are, but I just saw a posting on another forum that a local Big 5 sporting goods store had the Maverick 88 combo on the shelf for the pre-Covid price of $299. Kind of like winning the lottery in this environment! Definitely nothing like that online, but you might try...
  8. Smashing Pumpkins

Shorty Shotty Shooting Trap?!?!

Ha! Our tastes run similar. I would take blued steel over painted aluminum any day. Been thinking about this Winchester 1300 project. Since I already have a "real" Defender, I was thinking of making the clone a little different. Maybe cutting the barrel to 20 inches instead of 18 and using...
  9. Smashing Pumpkins

I'm warming to the idea of shortening the barrel on this Winchester 1300. Still kind of spooked about tapping barrel for chokes. Tool rental is ~$50 plus shipping, and if I screw up a barrel, replacements are not that easy to find at the moment. I don't have a lathe, and frankly, my...
  10. Smashing Pumpkins

I never thought about doing it myself. The barrel is so thin, the diameter so large, and the threads so fine that it seemed like something best left to a professional. On the other hand, the cost of having it professionally done is huge in relation to the cost of used 28" or 30" barrels one...
  11. Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah, I would love an 18 inch with interchangeable chokes and preferably a vent rib. I was feeling the lack of a choke the other day. I was using 7 1/2 shot out of a cylinder bore and I noticed a lot of my hits were not pulverizing the clays, but just breaking them into two or three pieces, so...
  12. Smashing Pumpkins

Went to an outdoor range yesterday. They have facilities for everything, pistol ranges, rifle ranges, tin can ranges and manual trap, where you load a spring loaded launcher one clay pigeon at a time. Planned to shoot trap and pistol, but also threw my home defense shotgun in the trunk hoping...
  13. Smashing Pumpkins

Shockwave Availability

I haven't. I plan to do an NFA AOW conversion on it, which will take a while. I don't expect to shoot it until I get the tax stamp and am finished working on it.
  14. Smashing Pumpkins

Shockwave Availability

Loosehead, PM sent.
  15. Smashing Pumpkins

Shockwave Availability

OP, due to my state's regulations I can't just buy a "real" Shockwave, have to have 18 inch barrel (Mossberg does make them in that configuration). I ordered an 18" Shockwave a the end of June. Guy in store said it would likely be November before it was in store. It arrived in exactly three...
Back