• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Mudinyeri

1. Mudinyeri

Fitness for Survival

Wow! Handing out space blankets at 60°. I ran a 5K obstacle race back in October. The air temp was about 45°. They put us in a lake for about 200 yards. My guess is the water temp was around 40°. That was about 1/3 of the way into the race. The cold water cranked up my heartbeat and...
  2. Mudinyeri

Fitness for Survival

I can relate. I recently ran a 21 mile trail race. MapMyRun calculated my calorie consumption at 3500+. My left iliotibial band is still giving me some knee pain three weeks later. Then again, I'm old and it takes me quite a bit longer to recover than it used to.
  3. Mudinyeri

Post Your Patch Pics!

Any TAD Gear fans?
  4. Mudinyeri

Survival Fiction

I thought fans of the UCJ might find it interesting to go back and read this entry from March of this year: https://unioncreekjournal.wordpress.com ... community/ UCJ fans will also want to stay tuned next week as a sample entry from the UCJ's sequel will be released on the UCJ blog site. Enjoy!
  5. Mudinyeri

Coats & Jackets

Re: Rothco Special Operations Soft Shell Jacket I could ....
  6. Mudinyeri

Coats & Jackets

Rothco Special Operations Soft Shell Jacket Recently, I came across the Condor Summit Soft Shell Jacket on another forum. Several members had purchased the jacket and were quite happy with it. One member mentioned that Rothco made a similar jacket at a slightly lower price point, but no one...
  7. Mudinyeri

Bug-out Bags (BOB)

Agreed. The old poncho liners are a pretty good value. I spent a fair number of nights shivering under mine while pulling guard duty in a variety of cold, windswept locations. :mrgreen:
  8. Mudinyeri

2002 Honda s2000 STR autox and road race build...

So, you'll be running in the Mod class in autocross? I tried to run the Mod class with my Miata for a couple years and just couldn't keep up with the Vettes, Camaros and Mustangs - at least not the top guys. I was usually in third to sixth place in a field of twenty-ish.
  9. Mudinyeri

Post Your Patch Pics!

Can't believe I didn't see this thread until now! There are some duplicates amongst mine, but they're on different items. :D
  10. Mudinyeri

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: How can I reduce the recoil on my Tactical Persuader? Before you go buying new stocks and adding limbsaver pads and such, tell us about your grip. Are you utilizing a push/pull grip?
  11. Mudinyeri

EDC Bags, Pouches, & Loadout Photos

EDC Bags & Loadout Photos It's been a while since I started a thread here in the Bags, Gear & Load-outs forum. So, since I recently changed to a more casual work environment and my son "stole" my Real Deal Brazil Manaus bag for his school bag, I thought I would kick this off by sharing my...
  12. Mudinyeri

pictures that make you lol

13. Mudinyeri

Fitness for Survival

We had the long-distance hiking for survival thread ... how about an overall fitness thread? How closely do you feel overall fitness and survival are tied? What are you doing about it? Do you have a fitness routine? Does it involve two packs of cigarettes and a case of Busch Light every day...
  14. Mudinyeri

What are you saving your money for?

We just dropped five grand on a new AC unit. Now, I'm saving to pay taxes.
  15. Mudinyeri

Solar Battery Charger

I'm pretty happy with my Goal0 solar charger, but it may be more efficient just to carry spare batteries. A spare battery for most modern cell phones is a pretty small item. I'm not familiar with the battery for the CamelBak, but it's probably smaller than a solar charger. Plus, if you run...
Back