• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by ninja steve

1. N

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: Conventional Stocks with 13" LOP? I took my 590's stock to the table saw. Shortened it by quite quite a bit.
  2. N

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: My Mossberg 590a1 That bayonet looks like the one here. http://www.areseod.net/m9-lw.html
  3. N

Duracoat.

I don't think you'd be that excited if you knew I was thinking about OD green on my mariner :D Specifically the World war II OD green with the black furniture. Don't get me wrong I like the marinecoat stuff just fine but the only reason I bought it was cause the price was...
  4. N

Re: 590 Mariner Weird. Anyone have an idea of what causes that? It seems to be some kind of tinfoil-ish layer thats not the same as the marine coat.
  5. N

What ear protection do you use?

Ear plugs I snatch from work :D I'd like to get some of the fancy electronic ear muffs one day.
  6. N

How often do you clean your firearm after use?

My handgun gets cleaned once a week even if I don't fire it. I clean the AK when I get really bored. Everything else gets cleaned the same day or maybe the next morning.
  7. N

Duracoat.

I've seen it's not too expensive to do it yourself. I won't be doing mine, my brother-in law is pretty talented when it comes to fixing cars and can do some painting. Think I'm going to talk him into doing my 590 and my Saiga. Just need to pick some colors.
  8. N

Duracoat.

Anyone here used it? I've read great things about it on the internet but haven't talked to anyone who has done it. I have a little extra cash but I'm not sure if I want to go through with it.
  9. N

Hog Hunting

I've been wanting to go hog hunting for awhile. If I ever go I'm taking my Ak.
  10. N

590 Mariner Got her slightly used last week. Got one small spot on one of the extractors. But other than that in perfect shape.
  11. N

Breaking in a pump gun.

Well I found a used 590 Mariner for the right price and bought it. It was still pretty tight. But she loosened up a bit after awhile. I still have about 50 shells of the cheap stuff to run through it and I'll probably buy another 100 next weekend. Very happy with it so far.
  12. N

Breaking in a pump gun.

The LOP was one issue I'm thinking I may have trouble with. I'm only about 5 foot 6 with matching arms lol. I'm going to look into a synthetic youth stock if one can be found for a good price.
  13. N

Breaking in a pump gun.

Hey guys, I was wondering your opinions on do's and don'ts on breaking in a pump. Specifically a 590A1. The one I played with at the store was pretty stiff. Don't have it quite yet but will very soon. (They did not have the one I wanted at the time so they have to order it.) I was just going to...
  14. N

Howdy from Mo.

Hey guys, I'll soon be joining the ranks of Mossberg owners soon. I'm ordering a 590 at the gunshop very soon. I stumbled upon this site while looking for information on the 590's. I've shot 500's at skeet quite a bit and done some dove hunting. That's what got me going toward a Mossberg for a...
Back