• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Papa D

1. Papa D

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Just a few of Miss Dixie. Not any changes since my last picture in 2019, just more rounds through her. The light in the pictures is a Surefire 6px Pro attached with a CDM Mod-C clamp. The light is solid, but the clamp is not. It continues to drop the light under recoil after about 25-30...
  2. Papa D

dry firing a Maverick 88 home defense gun?

I know it's already been said, but yeah... rack it like you mean it. These guns can and will take it and come back asking for more. Mine has a few thousand live rounds through her. The action is butter smooth. HOWEVER, she "likes it rough". Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  3. Papa D

How to tell action length...

Howdy folks. Been a while since I've popped in. Got a quick question. I'm wanting to change out the foregrip on my Maverick 88. I heard there were a couple different action lengths. Mine will chamber up to 3" shells. Is this considered a Long Action or Short Action? Sent from my SM-A205U...
  4. Papa D

Trigger or Safety?

Please dont think I meant for OG to tear down the trigger assembly. Not what i meant, if that's how it sounded. Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  5. Papa D

New to shotguns, building maverick 88 18.5"

Yes, I am resurrecting an old thread. Question about the trigger spring kit. Have you had any Light Primer strikes after installing this? Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  6. Papa D

Mav 88 * Recomend a good sling swivel set.

Do you have any advice for folks wanting to go with a cross chest setup? Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  7. Papa D

Last Shell will not chamber

I've got a couple thousand rounds of various ammo types and brands through mine and have never had this issue. How many rounds through it? When was it last broken down and cleaned? Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  8. Papa D

Trigger or Safety?

I 2nd tear down, clean/inspect, reassemble. When I got my Maverick I had torn it down and cleaned it, but she felt EXTREMELY tight when trying to rack the action. I was new to guns and didnt really know what was up. I went to a local shop and they let me examine one they had in stock. It was as...
  9. Papa D

FINALLY got to put rounds on paper...

Thanks man. Cant wait to try the 175 grain Federal I've acquired. Hopefully I can get some more before I run out of it all. Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  10. Papa D

FINALLY got to put rounds on paper...

Got my Patriot, Nancy Hart, dialed in a bit. I had to blue loctite and tighten the heck outta the rings, but got it done. Bottom left hit was from initial sighting in at 100 yards. One of the hits on the left were from sighting in as well. The other was a flinch [emoji4]. However the 3 in the...
  11. Papa D

AICS Magwell for Boyd's Stocks...

For any of ya'll that are rocking a Boyd's stock on your Patriot SA, they now have an AICS magwell conversion. Just FYI. https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/accessories/mossberg-patriot-sa-ai-mag-assembly7196b Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  12. Papa D

Patriot Magazine Disassembly

The standard factory mag is not a AR style. Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  13. Papa D

New stock or new scope?

Wasn't able to shoot. The Range I have been going to for the past 5 years is gone. The guy that made it available to be used shut it down. No idea why. [emoji26][emoji22][emoji24] Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  14. Papa D

New stock or new scope?

Not getting to shoot as often as I'd like, but hoping to FINALLY get some groups on paper tomorrow or next weekend. Last outing with my .308 Patriot, I was hitting the 230yd steel VERY consistently. Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  15. Papa D

Likeing my .308 Patriot....

Is that a Boyd's stock? Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
Back