• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Raptor72

1. Raptor72

How do you Ghost Load?

This is a new technique to me. I've tried it with mixed results. Eventually I get it, but it takes a while. Can someone go through the steps?
  2. Raptor72

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

Re: Forearm Light (Mount) I've been looking at the barrel clamp with the integrated picatinny rail. The ones I have seen have the rail on the side but I'm looking for one that has it on the bottom.
  3. Raptor72

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: The usual problems... I have been thinking about getting a stronger spring. When I was at the range I noticed that there was a little delay before the next round was loaded. I've read good things about the Wolfe springs.
  4. Raptor72

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Being a little new to the shotgun scene, I have to ask. What purpose does the clamp that goes around the barrel and magazine tube serve?
  5. Raptor72

Re: The usual problems... I took her out today and put about 30 rounds of slugs and birdshot downrange. I also noticed that all 7 rounds of the 2 3/8 would fit just fine but couldn't fit the last one when I switched to the 2 5/8. I'll put some more downrange and see if anything changes. On...
  6. Raptor72

930 Magazine Spring Survey

Can you dumb this down for me please as I'm new to shotguns, besides qualifying with them at work every quarter. What do you mean by a bad fit between the extension and the magazine tube? Do you mean that the shells don't go in straight or what?
  7. Raptor72

The usual problems... I'm also looking forward to switching to the Urbino stock when it becomes available as I purchased this shotty for HD.
  8. Raptor72

The usual problems... Today I took apart my fresh out of the box SPX and did a thorough cleaning and lubing. I came across 2 followers which I've read is a common thing. I only replaced one. I have a GG&G follower on order already. I put it all back together and tried to load 7 shells but was...
  9. Raptor72

Greetings and Salutations

I've been living south of Tucson for 15 years now. I'm originally from the Monterey Bay in Ca and am looking forward to moving back in a couple of years. The "dry heat" doesn't make it any less hotter.
  10. Raptor72

Now that I looked at the box, it's 85360 and reads SPX. Didn't notice that label before. Is this the shortest barrel available? The box reads that it's 18.5".
  11. Raptor72

I'm not sure how to tell the difference on the models. The receipt is kinda blurred out, but it says "930 SP" and then its blurred so I'm assuming it's the SPX. I bought this as a HD shotgun since my wife was having trouble racking a Sig 225, which I traded in for this. I do want to...
  12. Raptor72

I just purchased my first long arm yesterday, a Mossberg 930. I will be looking for accessories for it and thought I'd join this group to learn more about this weapon system. I've read through a couple of the threads and see that this shotgun has problems right out of the box like not being...
Back