• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by rca90gsx

1. R

What eye protection do you use for competition shooting?

Rudy Project's with removable prescription insert
  2. R

Mossberg 930 SPX Gas Spring Install Issues...

Re: 930 SPX gas seal ring??!! OK, digging this back up as it has the best photos! The gas seal ring in your photos, behind the large spring, should you be able to move it around easily with your finger, as in pretty much NO pressure on it at all, just touching it with my fingernail I can...
  3. R

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: Found a load my SPX does not like I'll keep stuffing full power 00bk and slugs through it to loosen it up some more i guess!
  4. R

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: Found a load my SPX does not like I decided to keep this picture for the next time someone post frustration on why they can't get 7+1 00B RIO royal buck 2 3/4 shells loaded up to the manufacturers advertised specs. Every shell in the pic is a 2 3/4" shell. Kinda strange the Rio low recoil...
  5. R

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: 1st round feeding issues.... A little tricky the first time I took it apart... once you pull the cotter pin, flip the receiver back over so its sitting right side up, look down through the opening where the barrel goes in to it. That pin goes through the shell stop assembly and the top of...
  6. R

Re: 1st round feeding issues.... Looked everything over last night. Pulled new magazine spring and started shortening it some. It was 36" long to start, ended up at 30", cycling it with dummy rounds. Went to the range again to test it. 180 rounds, buckshot, slugs, birdshot (walmart federal...
  7. R

Unloading Your 930 SPX

That method seems to be the easiest for me for sure. Similar method for my 870 as well, minus the button LOL!
  8. R

Re: 1st round feeding issues.... well finally got to the range today to test the 930spx out since I got it back last week from Mossberg... Feeds 1st round now smooth as silk. Now it want has issues feeding rounds while shooting. I noticed after about the 3rd round of 00bk that I got a "click"...
  9. R

Re: 1st round feeding issues.... well, called mossberg to follow up today.... they said they checked it in yesterday, replaced elevator and mag spring and test fired 15 rounds of 00 buck and 15 rounds of rifled slugs, and it was flawless. Should be shipping it back within the next few days due...
  10. R

Re: 1st round feeding issues.... my pusher assembly was still silky smooth. I think there is something going on in the FCG as the bolt is stiffer to pull back now that it was originally. I'm guessing its spring related or something binding that I couldn't see. I did not want to dig into it to...
  11. R

Re: 1st round feeding issues.... Mailing it out tomorrow.... I'll hope for the quick turnaround and more importantly accurate repair as some of you have experienced! My new break-in "trust" period for this thing has just expanded GREATLY! Its going to have 1,000 rounds (including a class)...
  12. R

Re: 1st round feeding issues.... thanks very much! As a followup... I tried shimming the FCG as it has a lot of slop in it, no help. I also tried spraying a little CLP in the receiver to ensure it was lubed up well, also no help :)
  13. R

1st round feeding issues.... Hello everyone! I've been searching ALL over the internet for this issue... 930spx (3rd gen w/ blue spring) new purchase in June... Anyways, its been flawless straight out of the box with low brass, slugs, buckshot everything, not a single malfunction in 4-500...
  14. R

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to say hello and THANK YOU for a great forum dedicated to Mossberg's! I've got a 930 spx that has been FLAWLESS, well, until this past week :x Here doing research to try and find the failure feeding! Thanks again for this great database of information!
  15. R

Re: Review/Issues of my 930 SPX, Sept 2011 Can you please post a link to the post you found on adjusting the gas piston spring with a 3/4" socket? I've been searching here and can not find it. I've got the same gouging on the mag tube now.... Thank you very much!
Back