• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by RDub

1. RDub

930 SPX - 3" 15 pellet 00 buck loads

I think you will be quite happy with those rounds..
  2. RDub

If you mean the Federal 'Flight Control' wad.. No. All of these use conventional wadding.
  3. RDub

Yes, it is..
  4. RDub

930 SPX 2¾" Fed flightcontol, Hornady, plus others 00 Buck

Hello As you can see I had no luck with the lower pressure loads either. I believe what we might be dealing with is something known as 'dwell time'. It's the amount of time the gas has a chance to work on the action from the gas port to the muzzle, and the amount of pressure built up between...
  5. RDub

Hi Yes I have to get this kind of ammo on-line. Except for some of the very basic loads nothing much is available here locally. Midway and Cheaper than Dirt is a good source.. Midway does a $49.00 or more free shipping occasionally, and Cheaper than Dirt is $99.00 or more free shipping all the...
  6. RDub

Mossberg 930 SPX; 3" and 2¾" rifled slug loads

Yes, you get it all with a pump gun.. But I'll bet if you find yourself dealing with a charging bear you wouldn't feel a thing.. :nofibn:
  7. RDub

The Brenneke ATS, Green Lightning and the 3” Black Magic Magnum rifled slug ammo arrived so I shot them this morning, thus completing this project. The pics and data on the original post have been updated.
  8. RDub

Yes, it's great ammo.. I'm glad they make it. Sounds like there are some mods for the 930 that would make it more functionable with the lower pressure loads. Maybe later.
  9. RDub

Hello So after wringing out this SPX with buckshot ammo, I thought I should give it a whirl with rifled slugs. I collected several samples of rifled slugs, five from Winchester, five from Remington, seven from Federal and three from Brenneke. I mainly wanted to see what kind of velocities I...
  10. RDub

930 SPX 2¾ Win and Rem #1 Buck loads

Valid point.. But I would not want to be downrange of either one!
  11. RDub

930 SPX 2¾ Win and Rem #1 Buck loads

Hello Managed to score some 12ga Remington and Winchester #1, 12 pellet Buck loads to test. Win XB121 REM 12B1 Again, shooting a Mossberg 930 SPX 18” at 7 yards and 14 yards. (21’ and 42’) Velocity and ambient temp on the targets. Skyscreens centered 10’ from muzzle. Oehler model 33...
  12. RDub

Looked around and found some at Bud's for a reasonable price. If I get some I'll check it out in the 930. It's looking like anything labeled 'low recoil' has trouble in the 930. We'll see. Thanks.
  13. RDub

I'll look around on-line for some of those.. Haven't seen any locally. Are you shooting those out of an auto or pump?
  14. RDub

Hello I got seven more 2¾” shells to test for pattern and velocity. I’m doing the same thing as last time, shooting a round at seven yards (21 feet), and a second at 14 yards (42 feet), and the real tight patterning rounds, a third at 21 yards (63 feet). Three from Hornady; Hornady BLACK 8...
  15. RDub

930 SPX 3" Fed flightcontol + Win XX 15 pellet 00 Buck

Hello I got two more 3” magnum rounds to test for pattern and velocity. Winchester #X12XC3B5 3” 15 Pellet 00 Buck Copper Plated FEDERAL # PFC15700 3” 12 Pellet 00 Buck Flight Control wad The Winchester round really spread the shot out rather quickly, and velocity ok. Now the Federal...
Back