• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Red October

1. Red October

590 A1 not happy

Sigh..... You speak the truth. I've sent a Kimber, a Sig and a Rock Island in for work. I am also dismayed that CZ uses crappy steel for their retaining pins (no dry firing for them, until you change them out). Until Wednesday, I am hopeful things have been resolved. Thanks.
  2. Red October

590 A1 not happy

Yes!! It should be here by Wednesday. That IS a great turn around time. Zakher was recalcitrant at best regarding my questions about Mossberg QC but, did I reall expect him to say QC sucks? Still, with the many posts here regarding the same or similar problem, one would think better QC would...
  3. Red October

Central Wisconsin

Wisconsin!!
  4. Red October

ATTN: Cartridge Stopper QC Issue for Pump Actions (FTF)

New, out of the box 590 A1 Mariner locked up after first shot. Chnaged ammo, disassembled and cleaned it. Ran ok, not great, until a Federal 3 inch locked it up again. Appears to be a burr in the barrel thread protruding into the extractor groove. Awaiting it's fate at the Eagle Pass...
  5. Red October

My 590 Adventure

"Your issues here are very common with new Mossbergs and your solutions are just what was needed." Has Mossberg's QC gone down? Why is this tolerated? The solution seems to be: BUY ANOTHER COMPANIES GUN. My 590 A1 Mariner is now sitting in Texas, action locks up after shot, various ammo and...
  6. Red October

590 not pumping after a shot.

Tugboater....did you resolve this problem. Just sent mine back to Mossberg. Seems to be a burr interfering with an extractor. Using fiochi's 00 buckshot, s and b and federal 3" 00 buckshot.
  7. Red October

500 failure to cycle

Thanks! Nice to know.
  8. Red October

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Vo96****? Between 2018 and 20019?
  9. Red October

590 A1 not happy

590 A1 mariner.....this is used in our military? Just out of the box, fired an s and b 00 buckshot, and the action freezes and will not move. Finally cleared it changed over to fiochi's and after a few rounds, same thing. Took it apart cleaned and oliled. Worked ok with fiochi's....then hung...
Back