• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by reeseman67

1. reeseman67

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX Can't believe this' still going on like this, apart from ALWAYS requiring a supervisor, which seems to be key to getting fast service they've taken care of me everytime. If you still have problems let us know and many people including myself will be glad...
  2. reeseman67

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Problem w/bolt lockup on 3rd gen spec'd bbl. Hey guys, I finally got my new tall frnt sight barrel for my 3rd gen on MON, I'd gone to the range on SUN!! It performed perfectly with the original barrel as far as reliability, fun, etc, but after installing new barrel I noticed the front sights...
  3. reeseman67

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX I've trimmed mine to about 34" and get 7+1 w/every load I've used, but the Rio you're talking about are almost as long as 3" darn near, and think you would have to trim it too short (to get 7+1 in it) for it to still have enough power and tension to...
  4. reeseman67

Re: O.F.M. beginning to REALLY P- me off!930 Barrel Replacem Well, consider it all a success, IMHO!! And I'd also like to thank Mike from AimPro, as O.F.M. had me call him and see if HE could help me out. As I use this as my primary HD gun, and within 25 yds it's fine with buck and most...
  5. reeseman67

Re: O.F.M. beginning to REALLY P- me off!930 Barrel Replacem You are VERY CORRECT Ms. Edna, Joe Z. just wiped the floor with a coating of proffessionalism.... Reminded me of you.... :cry: ... But, okay, so here's the deal, I'm now waiting for a(NOTHER) new barrel for the 930 SPX w/tall frnt...
  6. reeseman67

Re: O.F.M. beginning to REALLY P- me off!930 Barrel Replacem Yea, no kiddin'! Now, I got it mounted and the mag extension (which I never noticed SCREWED ON caddywampus and just ended up torqued in-line w/my old barrel, but something's off a touch) is now slightly crooked. I should of gotten a...
  7. reeseman67

Re: O.F.M. beginning to REALLY P- me off!930 Barrel Replacem Well, I finally got it, it is the correct front sight on the thicker bbl, but the damn ear's are bent in like an AK front sight sort of, is that normal(kind of more of an O.C.D. issue, I just hope theyre not bent cause they were a...
  8. reeseman67

Re: O.F.M. beginning to REALLY P- me off!930 Barrel Replacem I finally gotta hold of a supervisor, as usual it seems like they are the only people who can get, or TRY to get thing's done. Thank you to, a name I haden't heard before, Joseph Zackher. He apologized and explained that he's VERY...
  9. reeseman67

O.F.M. beginning to REALLY P- me off!930 Barrel Replacement So, in the last week and a half, I've called Mossberg like 8 times to get a CORRECT barrel for my 930 SPX, one day I left a message for a supervisor after getting NOWHERE with C.S., next day I talked to a C.S. rep who took my name and...
  10. reeseman67

Mossberg 930 SPX Gas Spring Install Issues...

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Gas Piston Springs: Black, Blue, I honestly thought it might be a 'placebo' effect on better performance w/light loads and the 'new' red spring! Guess I was right! Okay, one issue down now PEASE LET FRONT SIGHT BE ON for long distance 'sluggetry'!! THANK YOU...
  11. reeseman67

Mossberg 930 SPX Gas Spring Install Issues...

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Gas Piston Springs: Black, Blue, !!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!! This is exactly what I needed to see, really interested to see what exactly te difference is, was thinking maybe the newer is lighter or what exactly? Thank's, LOVE THIS FORUM!!! Stephen
  12. reeseman67

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

930 SPX sight adjustments? Finally taking the ole' girl out this weekend, and as I recently read M24's newest weaponevolution.com update I discovered my 3rd gen bbl'd SPX has the original blue spring. (thanks M24, would of never known diff, did think my sight looked like your original one...
  13. reeseman67

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions I'll have to get the WHOLE 12 ga shell lineup out and function check, accuracy w/short sight (if it makes a diff?) and pattern it if it works w/out maxing out elevation. I wonder what the 'ratings' or strength difference between the black...
  14. reeseman67

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions Just RE-measured and the O.D. of the muzzle on mine is .915 (vs 590A1's O.D.=.932), and the wall thickness is .10 exactly (vs 590A1's thickness=.1170), still interested to see the specs of the 1st/2nd gen thickness, weird, I don't know why...
  15. reeseman67

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions Think that's about what I got, thank you sir! Does anyone have the O.D. and the wall thickness at the muzzle of the 1st/2n gen original bbl's, curious on the exact amount they increased the thickness? Appreciate if anyone knows or can...
Back