• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Scooby

1. S

Federal Shorty Ammo

I'm using the Aguila shells in a Shockwave. I use an OPSOL adapter. It makes a fantastic home defense gun. I stocked up on the Aguila shells during the holidays and, given recent events, I'm glad I did. To be honest, none of the local gun shops nor the big box stores have...
  2. S

Federal Shorty Ammo

I'm running the short shells in a shockwave. I use the OPSOL adapter. To me, it makes a perfect home defense weapon. I'm still using the Aguila shells. I stocked up during the holidays. Now I'm glad I did, given recent events. To be honest, none of the local gun shops nor the big...
  3. S

Desantis Kurz Case

I saw Desantis Kurz Case advertised on the Desantis Gunhide website. It looks to be of better quality than the nylon stuff I usually see advertised for the Shockwave and it covers the trigger Has anyone came across one or read any reviews?
  4. S

Anyone try these new short shells?

They are manufactured by Aguilla. I have used the Aguilla brand slug and buckshot in a Shockwave. Great combination for home defense.
  5. S

New Crimson Trace laser for shockwave

I have had a Shockwave for a little over six months and have only added a sling and an adapter for the Aguilla minishells. I am a big believer in the K.I.S.S. principle. However, I am giving serious consideration to adding a CTC Sidesaddle, mostly because the basic design does not add a lot of...
  6. S

Federal Shorty Ammo

I noted that Federal has started to market their version of the 1 3/4 " minishells. I have had good luck with the Aguilla brand. In fact, they are all I keep in my Shockwave for home defense. Has anyone had a chance to try the Federals? The Aguilla shells can be hard to come by and tend...
  7. S

Shockwave Heat Shield

Excellent points! I like the Shockwave as a self/home defense weapon and want to keep it as simple and handy as possible. I had not considered that just wiping the barrel down with a heat shield installed would be more difficult, especially since I am a fanatic about cleaning my firearms. thanks
  8. S

Shockwave Heat Shield

Would like a functional heat shield. I'm not into putting a bunch of crap on a weapon. The only thing I have added to the Shockwave are sling swilels a good military grade sling
  9. S

Shockwave Heat Shield

Does anyone know of an aftermarket heat shield for the Shockwave?
  10. S

590 Nightstick

I saw on the Mossberg website that they have come. Out with a new version of the shockwave called the 590 Nightstick. Looks like a Shockwave with wood grip and forend. I have seen some aftermarket wood grips and forends and they give the gun a classy look. It looks like Mossberg may have...
  11. S

New member from Georgia.

Thanks. I got the 12 gage. The cool factor was too much to resist. I wanted something for home defense and something to project with. Can't wait to try the Aguila minishells. I have an adapter coming.
  12. S

New member from Georgia.

I am new to this forum. I currently have a Mossberg 500 cruiser, and a 590. Both guns have been in my gun safe for over 20 years. Sadly, both have not been used in years. I decided to get back into shotguns when I laid my hands on a Shockwave at a local gunship. It was love at first...
Back