• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Sgt Shotgun

1. S

Help me get legal for Canada travel

Well I decided to take my chances and brought my Mossberg 930 SPX through Canada to Alaska and back (a 7,500 mile trip). To my great relief, I had no problems whatsoever. In fact, going into Canada from Idaho, I was asked only the standard question about transporting alcohol, tobacco or produce...
  2. S

From the website: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/maximum-permitted-magazine-capacity As a general rule, the maximum magazine capacity is: 5 cartridges for most magazines designed for a semi-automatic, centre-fire long gun Do I understand correctly that this speaks ONLY to five rounds...
  3. S

Okay, I think I've seen enough. The shotgun's staying home. I'll take my chances with the bears. Too many variables and unknowns. When I drove into Canada at the Kingsgate checkpoint (from Idaho on Hwy 95) both in 1986 and 2017, it was a breeze. Sounds like things are too uptight and risky now...
  4. S

Another question: In consideration of all the valuable and much appreciated comments here, I'd like to add that my plan in crossing the border from Idaho to Canada is to park my vehicle somewhere just this side of the crossing, then walk to the checkpoint with all relevant paperwork and advance...
  5. S

Sure Scoop, I'd be happy to do that! We're looking at around the end of September when I'll be able to report any results.
  6. S

Now something else just occurred to me (and a short story to go with it). What are the odds the guards I encounter crossing back into Canada from Alaska find it in their judgment that I'm in violation of something the Idaho to Canada guards had no problem with? Would I have a leg to stand on? To...
  7. S

Thanks for the welcome and advice! The bear spray is marked (Counter Assault Bear Spray), no switchblades, brass knuckles, etc. The frustrating thing is having to constantly load, unload, load, unload, etc., as I make frequent leisurely stops to maybe walk around or hike a bit, then get back in...
  8. S

Yes, I've been working from this webpage as well as the official RCMP websites, from which this page quotes. In general, I find the information on the Canadian sites to be very confusing and ambiguous. For example, this excerpt defining restricted firearms from the page you provided...
  9. S

(New member) Will be traveling soon through Alberta, British Columbia and Yukon, while camping en route to Alaska, then back again. Bringing my 930 SPX for protection. Canada requires mag plug to limit overall capacity to five rounds. 930 SPX doesn't come with a plug and I haven't been able to...
Back