• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Sheriffjonbrown

1. Sheriffjonbrown

New owner of Mossberg 590a1 18.5 7 shot, need help on model.

Jmm14534 is "bang" on - quality control at Mossberg seems to be suspect. My 590 however is the 20" 8+1 version.
  2. Sheriffjonbrown

Backwards blade front sight 590A1 w/ Ghost Ring

thanks everyone for the replies. I have heard horror stories of guns/parts/barrels taking a very long time to be returned from Mossberg after being serviced. And I'm up here in the Great White North so I can just imagine the BS I am going to have to go through to send gun parts back and forth...
  3. Sheriffjonbrown

Gentlemen, pics as promised.
  4. Sheriffjonbrown

Jmm, Whitey, Will send pic tomorrow (posting this from work) ....in the meantime - no set screw, blade is dovetailed into welded-on base of sight. I believe it is Mossberg stock ghost sight system (wings on either side of rear sight).....definitely not XS system. Thanks for your replies.
  5. Sheriffjonbrown

I received my 590a1 with ghost ring sights. Everything looks in order except - the blade sight on the front is backwards!! Tried tapping it out with a punch but she's snug. Any ideas or anyone experience same poor quality control in this respect?
Back