• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by sicnarf

1. sicnarf

Mossberg 500 .410 Broken out of box

Is it a specific brand that fails or do all brands fail? My son's Maverick 88 was doing that with Federal from Walmart but was fine with Winchester. I solved the problem by polishing the chamber with fine steel wool and a few drops of oil.
  2. sicnarf

Son Finally Shoots His Maverick 88

The last requirement is for trap shooting. He's already done one round of 22 out of 25. Just need to get him up to the local gun club again.
  3. sicnarf

Me neither. He definitely passed me up. Think I may have made it to Second Class if I was lucky. :)
  4. sicnarf

I was a bit surprised, too, when I learned of the shotgun merit badge. Knew there was a rifle merit badge and he earned that at Scout camp a couple of summers ago.
  5. sicnarf

Buyers Remorse

My wife is 5' tall and owns a 500 Youth Bantam in a 20 guage. At this point, the only reason she doesn't like it is because she doesn't shoot clay targets as well as me and my son. lol Other than that, it's a great fit and she handles the recoil with ease. The most important thing when we...
  6. sicnarf

So wife and I gave our son a Maverick 88 12-guage because he earned his Eagle in Scouts. It was a total surprise to him because we never said we'd get him something for the achievement. On Saturday, we went out as a family and he was so excited that he could finally shoot his Maverick...
  7. sicnarf

New member from middle TN

Hello from Utah and welcome to the forum.
  8. sicnarf

Hello from Utah

Glad to be part of this forum. I have the Mossberg 500 All Purpose, wife has an Mossberg 500 Youth Bantam and just the other day, because he earned his Eagle Scout ranking in BSA, wife and I surprised our 15 year old son with a Maverick 88.
Back