• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by srvctec

1. srvctec

Recoil Pad options for 590?

Download the .pdf template for all Limbsaver recoil pads at the top of this page: http://www.limbsaver.com/technical/templates.php Print it out at 100% size, not reduced to fit page or enlarged, so the sizes will print out exactly as intended. Then just remove your recoil pad and place the...
  2. srvctec

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Magazine Tubes

Re: Magazaine Tube Plug Included? Yep, that's exactly what I did for the length. It fits about 2¼ shells. Sent from my Samsung GT 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.
  3. srvctec

Re: Magazaine Tube Plug Included? Oh okay, gotcha. Here's what I came up with for my 590A1. I cut a ¼" plastic rod I had laying around to the proper length and placed a rubber grommet on the end to suspend the plug from the spring retainer. Then just put the mag cap over it- works great...
  4. srvctec

Re: Magazaine Tube Plug Included? Thanks for the photo and info, LTB45! I need to remove the barrel? I was thinking I would need to just remove the magazine cap and drop it in that hole down the center of the spring or even remove the spring retainer if it won't fit through the hole. Sent...
  5. srvctec

Re: Magazaine Tube Plug Included? Found this thread in a Google search. I'm most likely going dove hunting in the next few weeks and discovered I need a plug for my 590A1 (that I've had threaded for choke tubes). I'm a newb on pump shotguns, so bear with me. What are the o-rings for...
  6. srvctec

Sling recomendations?

Yeah, I know what you mean, which is why I lean towards getting the best the first time so I don't have to keep buying stuff. Following that principal, I just ordered the Magpul MS3 and Mesa Tactical push button sling swivel receiver mount. I'll return the Blackhawk tonight- it was going to...
  7. srvctec

Sling recomendations?

I got the Blackhawk Storm sling last week but haven't tried it yet. I was considering converting it to a 2 point sling by adding a polymer d-ring and quick-release clip, but now am thinking I may return it and just order a Magpul MS3. That looks like the perfect sling to me. Still debating on...
  8. srvctec

Hello from Kansas...

Sent my barrel to Carlson's on Monday and got it back tonight. It looks fantastic! The choke tubes I chose are cylinder, light modified, and full. It also came with a $20 (retail) choke tube speed wrench. Can't wait to pattern it with each of the tubes. Now I have a versatile all-in-one gun...
  9. srvctec

Shortened my 590A1 OEM stock...

Thanks! The LimbSaver pad I ordered is the 10102 which is an inch thick- exactly the same thickness as the OEM pad. When cutting off 1 3/8" like I did, the closest fitting precision fit Limbsaver pads are the 10105 and 10102. The difference between these two pads is the 10105 is a "Speed...
  10. srvctec

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

Thought I'd resurrect this thread just to say thanks for all the info. I decided on the ETA because I have a KickLite pistol grip stock on my 590A1 and the OEM safety was about impossible to use effectively with that stock. Installed the ETA today and it is fantastic compared to the OEM...
  11. srvctec

Thanks guys! Had to swap out stocks to get a pic with it on the gun- had my KickLite mounted. It's not the greatest pic since it was taken with my phone, but it will do.
  12. srvctec

Just finished some light filing to remove about a 1/16" in a couple of places from the base plate where it stuck out from the stock. It's not a perfect fit, but it's as close a fit as the OEM pad was.
  13. srvctec

Got the LimbSaver recoil pad today and will install it in a few after some light filing of the base plate for a perfect fit. Just thought I'd post a separate reply to this thread to mention where I ordered the pad from. It's Walnut Creek Archery on ebay. Great price of $34.99 shipped and...
  14. srvctec

Thanks guys! Just ordered a LimbSaver 10102 which fits with less than 1/16" of deviation on the sides near the top- hoping I can trim that tiny amount off without any issues. I'll update with pics when I get it installed next week.
  15. srvctec

I hadn't planned on actually doing this tonight, but thought what the heck. I've had my 590A1 for a couple of weeks now and finally got to take it out and pattern it last night. I have the KickLite KLT001 adjustable stock installed and found the sweet spot for me as far as LOP goes- it's 13"...
Back