• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Stever

1. Stever

Mossberg 464 vs Marlin 336 Lever Action

Re: 464 vs 336-Which one? If I may, let me add a few more things that might affect your decision. Do you prefer a straight grip or a pistol grip? Something to consider, if appearance a concern. Do you reload cast bullets? Microgroove barrels seem to be problematic for some reloaders. At the...
  2. Stever

Cast Bullets

Hello to all. The bullet is made from a mould made by Magma Engineering. The meplat is perfect for hunting. You can alox these non GC bullets if the lube isn't enough, but it's an extra step. I'm hoping for 1800 to 1900 fps, which 28-29 gr. of either of the 4895s will deliver. Sighted in...
  3. Stever

Cast Bullets

Is anyone reloading for their 30-30? If so, what bullet are you using? When the next run of 464s hits the beaches, I want to pick one up and use cast bullets in it. We have a company called the Bullet Barn and they offer 165 gr. .309s. They don't have GCs, but are hard cast. Anyone?
Back