• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Swatra1964

1. S

Not a good start for my patriot or my first mossberg customer service experience

UPDATE: I finally tried putting some polish on this turd. I used a dremel to roughen it up and grind out some plastic. Then I bedded the receiver. I used a good bit of bedding to try to give it as much support and stiffness as possible. It has considerably tightened the groups. I’ve been able...
  2. S

Not a good start for my patriot or my first mossberg customer service experience

You’re right about polishing a turd. I’m a little disappointed Mossberg didn’t stick a new barrel on it just for their reputation’s sake. I remember 25 years ago; I had a similar problem with a Remington 700 in 243. I bought it for my son to use for whitetail but it literally couldn’t hit a...
  3. S

No; just black bear. I was fortunate enough to take a 450+ pounder a few years ago, but most of them are much smaller around here. As far as the stock goes; it doesn’t look like there is much I can do with this cheap synthetic one. I’m having difficulty keeping consistent torque on the action...
  4. S

It’s not the scope/base/rings; I tried a few different of each and so did customer support. I put a brake on it hoping to change the barrel frequency; but to no avail. I tried 6 different loads with 4 different bullet weights. The best it will do is 3.25 MOA. I never expected it to be a...
  5. S

You’ve obviously made many errant assumptions about me.
  6. S

Their customer support leaves a lot to be desired. I own 8 Mossbergs and never had a problem. . Until I bought my 9th. I bought a Patriot in .338 that won’t hit the broad side of a barn from the inside shooting out. I went back & forth with customer support via email & phone calls. I...
  7. S

Patriot Issues

I own a number of Mossberg rifles and shotguns. Around 2 years ago I purchased a Patriot in .338 Win Mag. It can’t hit the broad side of a barn from the inside shooting out. I’m looking for suggestions. So far I have done the following: 1. Tightened or replaced the scope, base, and rings...
Back