• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by texasjarhead

1. T

New Haven 600at

Good looking shotgun! I would have cut it to 18"as well. I've had several 870's and several Mossbergs, but the two I've kept are both Mossbergs. I think you made a good HD choice!
  2. T

PGO Cruiser questions

Elbert- I appreciate your consideration. Your video is great!!!! That looks like a LOT of fun. Thanks for sharing! Nitesite-appreciate your comments. I totally agree that the gun controls are MUCH more accessible with a conventional stock. I tried to like a Hogue stock on this shotgun...
  3. T

PGO Cruiser questions

Due the the medicine I have to take for chemotherapy, even a 20 gauge to the shoulder "smarts". I find a pistol grip to be a good way to use this shotgun for this reason. Elbert- shooting a PGO is fun, isn't it?
  4. T

PGO Cruiser questions

Did a test yesterday to compare the PGO grip vs a conventional stock. On this particular shotgun, I much prefer the PGO grip. I find I can acquire targets almost as fast, and get follow-up shots almost as fast. I think I'll keep it in PGO configuration. Mu HD shotgun is the 20"barrel with...
  5. T

PGO Cruiser questions

Hello all- I recently won a Gunbroker auction for a Mossberg 500 PGO Cruiser in 20 gauge. I've had several PGO shotguns before, but all in 12 gauge. Although I was able to shoot the 12 gauge versions without too much difficulty, I find the 20 gauge to be considerably more controllable, and...
  6. T

Had to use the Cruiser today

My wife and I fish in a really nice little pond, about 6 acres in size, and usually come home with bass and bream. Since we almost always see at least one water mocassin, I used to take a pistol with rat shot, until I tried it out and saw how ineffective it is. So, I took my new PGO 20 gauge...
  7. T

Magazine tube removal success

I've been very lucky on the 3 Mossbergs I removed the mag tube from. I used a propane torch. The receiver was wrapped to prevent scratching and held in a vice. After learning what to look for on the first one, I did the other two in about 5 minutes start to finish. Being a former Marine, I...
  8. T

Finally found a parkerized 18.5" barrel. Rust removal?

For Parkerized items, I like to apply a good coat of lithium grease. The Parkerization soaks it up like a sponge. After a couple of days, wipe the excess off, and it will last for quite a while.
  9. T

New to me Mossberg 500 20 gauge cruiser

I just checked the serial number-looks like a 1983 model. Did Mossberg have Cruisers back then?
  10. T

Djcala & Elbert Garrett- Your respective tag lines are GREAT! I too like to be left alone occasionally (testing new reloads, etc.), and I'm sure many people consider me an idiot when I fish.
  11. T

Hello all- Just won a Gunbroker bid on this little 20 gauge. I won the bid for $97, shipping was $35, and the transfer fee $27, so I came away with under $160. The gun is in EXCELLENT condition, and hasn't been fired much. I test fired some birdshot and buckshot, and it's VERY manageable. I...
  12. T

Mossy 500 Front Sight Option

Good deal! Very similar to my setup. However- I find if you attach the clamp and flashlight at an angle as close to the mag tube and barrel as possible, there is less chance for movement due to recoil-or- bumping the flashlight against something. Also, you can get your flashlight closer to...
  13. T

Mossy 500 Front Sight Option

1winnen- I find the easiest flashlight solution is to use a iProtec clamp on a good quality 1"flashlight such as Surefire. It's super easy to remove or re-attach your flashlight without any tools. I have attached some links for your review...
  14. T

New to Me Mossberg 20 Gauge Tactical

As I told my wife when I bought this shotgun- I can count on one hand the number of "tactical" 20 gauge shotguns (Reminton or Mossberg) I've seen at all the gun shows I've been to in this area. I couldn't touch the price on a new one, as they've all been around $500, when you could find one...
  15. T

I did it...

Good looking rig! Let us know how it shoots.
Back