• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by tgw

1. T

New 930 SPX Owner

My Nordic Components mag tube is perfectly straight when I screw it back on. As long as the mag tube is secure I think I would leave well enough alone.
  2. T

Unloading Your 930 SPX

Yes. that procedure is the best way to empty your 930's magazine.
  3. T

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Limbsaver Since my last post I did install a medium limbsaver on my 930 after removing the existing pad. Fits fine and provides same improvement in felt recoil as I got with my limbsaver on my 590A1.
  4. T

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX If the ridge on the bottom of the retainer is facing the muzzle, then it is installed backwards. I made that mistake and mine also disintegrated. With the bottom ridge facing the receiver, the replacement has worked fine and is still in one piece.
  5. T

SPX owners, what do you shoot at the range?

I had my 18.5 inch barrel on my 930 combo drilled and taped for chokes. I use a full and enjoy shooting clays. Mounted a red dot sight, which helps with a short barrel. Use 7 1/2 shot.
  6. T

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Newby Question... jbb: Have you tried trying to unload the magazine manually without chambering the rounds? Since the problem comes and goes it could be the follower hanging up in the magazine tube. My 930 has always fed reliably from day one with no issues.
  7. T

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Re: 930 barrels My 28 inch barrel is ribbed and ported and came drilled for chokes. Used it once when I first got the combo. Then got my 18.5 inch drilled and tapped for chokes and have not used the 28 inch since. It is sitting in the back of the safe. I shoot clays with my 590A1 and 930 and...
  8. T

Re: 930 barrels I have the 930 combo and don't think I will be using the 28 inch barrel. I had the 18 inch drilled and tapped for chokes. Make me an offer for the 28 inch barrel.
  9. T

Building Standard 930 to SPX specs

Rose Action Sports did both my 590A1 and my 930.
  10. T

Regarding the cost, it was $65 for drilling and tapping for chokes including return postage. I find the shorter barrel works better for me using the micro reflex red dot sight. I also like shooting clays with my 18.5 inch 590A1, which I also had drilled and tapped for chokes. I shoot clays to...
  11. T

I got the 930 combo with the 28 and 18.5 inch barrels. I had the 18.5 inch barrel drilled and tapped for chokes (so I can shoot clays with the shorter barrel). I got the Nordic Component mag extension, clamp, bolt knob, 1.5 inch extension cap. Very nice quality. I installed an extended full...
  12. T

Re: Two Questions Last range session the clamp did not move. Regarding the number of rounds in the magazine, after reassembling after cleaning I load the magazine just to make sure all seven rounds will fit. I can load seven now since I installed the Nordic 1 1/2 inch extension cap.
  13. T

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Mossberg 930 SPX Cheek Weld HELP I found a nice one at Midway, which works very well for my 930 with micro red dot sight.
  14. T

Re: 28" field barrel, what's it worth? I have the same model, but I decided to keep the 28" barrel. The reason I bought the combo unit was to get the extra barrel for less than purchasing one separately. I don't know what Mossberg barrels are going for, but you could check their web site where...
  15. T

Two Questions First question regards the Nordic barrel clamp. Unless I really tighten the two allen bolts the clamp tends to walk when I fire 25 rounds or so. Is there something I could apply to the barrel or magazine extension that would increase the friction between the two metal surfaces and...
Back