• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Tim433

1. Tim433

Common sense hunting law

Yeah, for the most part, it’s the equivalent to a parking ticket. Like a $50 fine and a “don’t do this again” kinda thing. Now, if they actually get caught vandalizing a vehicle, that could be fun.
  2. Tim433

Members of Mossberg Owners, Post Pics of Your Self!

This is from a few months ago when I was working out of town(Northern Cali) on one of the new Facebook buildings.
  3. Tim433

Hunting 2019

I’m beyond ready for hunting season. Summer is just starting to heat up in So Cal, so I’m ready for cooler temps already. Everyday I look out over my back fence and see one of my hunt zones. Can’t wait to get up there for a few days this year and hopefully put some meat in the freezer.
  4. Tim433

Common sense hunting law

I believe all 50 states have a similar law. I know here in California we do, which shocked the hell outta me. Funny story. My dad and I were standing on the side of the road, looking at maps for an area. A truck drove by, the driver just laying on the horn. We just waved and yelled “Thank...
  5. Tim433

What ammo have put through your Patriot?

My patriot is strictly a hunting rifle, and I live in California, so I have to use non-lead ammo. That being said, Hornady Superformance GMX 165gr have the best results out of all the ammos I have tried. I will be trying out Federal Gold Box Copper this year though.
  6. Tim433

MDT LSS Chassis for Mossberg Patriot

I have searched the web wondering the same thing. I want to say they are not at all the same actions, but have very similar aesthetics.
  7. Tim433

Mounting Scope o n new Patriot - Will not align!!

Yeah, mine only had factory installed weaver bases. No sights, no scope.
  8. Tim433

Let's talk CHEAP ammo...

My 308 patriot LOVES 165 grain bullets. Haven’t shot any heavier, but lighter grain are not so fun.
  9. Tim433

Patriot Issues

Out of curiosity, have you bore sighted the scope? What type of scope is it? Have you tried different ammunition(different grains)? My 308 patriot absolutely does not like anything other than 165gr bullets. The only time I had issues like you’re having was prior to having my scope bore sighted...
  10. Tim433

Patriot vs MVP action...same thing???

So simple question right? Do the Patriots and MVP's use the same action? As in, instead of buying a MVP LR, could I just buy a MVP bolt and a chassis system, slap the bolt into my Patriot action, drop it into the chassis, and have the same rifle? At quick glance, the receiver looks almost...
  11. Tim433

Problem on new patriot

When i went and bought my patriot, the bolt was wrapped in bubble wrap in a smaller "compartment" in the box. Wear like that makes we think the bolt has been used a fairly good amount. my bolt has been cycled at least 300 times and doesn't show that much wear. If that were my rifle, I would...
  12. Tim433

Deer Deer everywhere!!!

I'm pretty jealous that you got to hunt all the way until the end of the year. Here in California, the sad attempt at deer season is just shy of one month long, in early to mid October for most zones.
  13. Tim433

Aftermarket Stock Options

I was looking at stock options as well, and I've found plenty of stocks for the MVP, but for the Patriot line, all I have seen are the Boyd's stocks. My question is, whats the difference in the actions between the MVP and the Patriot? They look almost identical, and if they are, correct me if...
  14. Tim433

Patriot 308 ammo

I've only shot 150gr through mine, Federal Power Shock Copper and I want to say Winchester Super X lead. I got much better results from the Power Shock ammo than the Super X. being that California is on the final year of complete copper phase in, I opted to go back to copper rounds. I recently...
  15. Tim433

Extended maazine

Even the non branded packages?
Back