• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Tim4k5

1. Tim4k5

Illinois capitol protest 3/6/13.....It's IGOLD day!!!!

Thanks for the support Mike. The past few years IGOLD has kind of had the feeling of "we're never going to win this war but we're going to keep fighting"......and this year was different. It honestly didn't feel like we were banging our head on the wall. As of right now and the way the Courts...
  2. Tim4k5

IGOLD is a once a year occurance......The main 2A groups in Illinois have chosen to place their focus on getting everyone together for one day, on a day when the General Assembly is in session and we can't be ignored. As awesome as the symbolism of the smaller protests are, it doesn't accomplish...
  3. Tim4k5

Today was IGOLD here at the State capital. IGOLD stands for Illinois Gun Owners Lobbying Day.....it's backed by the Illinois State Rifle Association, IllinoisCarry.com, GunsSaveLives and every other pro 2A group in the state. Day started with a rally at the convention center, a march to the...
  4. Tim4k5

KY Senate bill 129 passes first hurdle

Re: KY Senate bill 129 passes Looks good John......Hopefully your Governor puts his pen on it and you can all breathe a bit easier down there. :)
  5. Tim4k5

State Capital Protest information

The important thing for all of us to remember is that we come from a wide variety of States with a tremendous diversity in regards to the 2nd Amendment. Some of us come from States that are firm supporters of the 2A, such as Oregon, Alaska and West Virginia; While others of us come from States...
  6. Tim4k5

Totally agree.....Alan Gura has done a ton of work helping to restore Rights that other attorneys had allowed to be chipped away over the years. I'm glad he's on our side. :)
  7. Tim4k5

It's looking like the shall issue/may issue arguement will probably be heard by SCOTUS sometime this year through the case of Kachalsky v. Cacase out of New York. Petition for Cert has been filed with SCOTUS and they are simply waiting on replies from both sides before choosing whether they...
  8. Tim4k5

^^^This^^^ The First Amendment protects the right to free speech, but if you were to walk into a theatre and scream "Fire!" you would be in deep crap if the building wasn't burning. Nobody has a problem with this bit of regulation of an Amendment because of the fact that people could be injured...
  9. Tim4k5

Well said, Mike. Public perception is hugely important right now.....and as firearm owners we need to do all we can to keep that perception of us positive for now. The fact is, most people in this country aren't "pro-gun" or "anti-gun".....they are somewhere in the middle, right around the...
  10. Tim4k5

Isn't Tennesee the stomping grounds for the guy who insists on open-carrying an AK-47 "pistol" in as many packed public places as he can with the sole intention of shocking people? As much as guys like this think they are helping the cause of the 2nd Ammendment they really hurt it more than...
  11. Tim4k5

Totally understand your frustration oli. Over the past few weeks I've heard way too many comments along the lines of "I support the 2nd ammendment but I don't see why anyone needs military assault rifles". I'm starting to think......I completely support the First Ammendment but it should be...
  12. Tim4k5

More and more States are jumping on that bandwagon Ric........We could very well be facing another nationwide standoff concerning the issue of State Rights -vs- Federal authority. Just without a clear North/South separation this time.
  13. Tim4k5

Thanks guys......It's not about the Kudos and Rep points, it's about getting MORE gun owners involved on the political end of things. Donating money to the NRA, your State Rifle Association or other pro-2A groups is great....but sometimes you can accomplish a lot more by simply saying "Enough is...
  14. Tim4k5

Nice reminder Oli..... I would also encourage everyone here to write, call, email or fax your Representatives as often as possible. Let them know that you refuse to support any politician who would stand idly by and watch the slow deconstruction of the United States and the Constitution which...
  15. Tim4k5

Illinois had a crowd in Springfield, but nothing Earth shattering. Most of the pro-gun groups in Illinois have hit the point of "less talk, more action" so protesting at an empty State capitol building on a weekend wasn't pushed real hard. We have a meeting planned for March called...
Back